Description: Postcard of Beaumont City Hall on Main Street between Gilbert and College streets. Two men can be seen standing on the right bottom of the picture. This building was built in 1909 to serve as a cooperative market by the City of Beaumont, but was used as a City Hall and Jail from about 1910 until 1926. Later in the 1920s it was used as a market and at one time went by the name of the Nancy Tevis Market. Printed on the top left of the postcard is "City Hall, Beaumont, Texas.--19." Printed on the back of the postcard is the following information regarding its creation: "E.C. Kropp Co., Milwaukee" and "27097N." The card is addressed to Mrs. C S Browne (?) 111 Long St, West Roxbury, Mass.
Creator: E. C. Kropp Co.
Partner: Tyrrell Historical Library