Texas History Collection - 8 Matching Results

Search Results

Papers concerning Robertson's Colony in Texas, Volume 2

Description: "Leftwich's Grant is the second volume in a series that is intended to document the colonization of an area in Central Texas that eventually became known as Robertson's Colony." It covers "the three years that [Robert] Leftwich spent in Mexico City and Saltillo" and includes "a complete account of his official negotiations with both the national government in Mexico City and the state government of Coahuila and Texas. It also includes documents concerning Dr. Felix Robertson, President of the Texas Association, and the group of young men who came to Texas with him in the fall of 1825 to explore the grant and survey land for the stockholders" (p. 11). The index begins on page 667.
Date: 1975
Creator: McLean, Malcolm Dallas
Partner: UNT Libraries

Richardson Medical Center, B. B. Owen Memorial Hospital, Richardson, Texas

Description: White brick masonry multi-story, multi-level building. The tallest, center portion has a sign at the top, RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER B. B. OWEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. This center portion is flanked on both sides by the main portion of the building, which is shorter and has vertical columns of windows. In the front of the picture is the lowest portion of the building, with ground-level windows and one inset doorway. The doorway and windows are partially hidden by curving lines of low shrubs in the picture foreground. Portions of equipment, perhaps ventilation, are visible on roof areas. Additional information: Dallas Morning News, Dec. 18, 1975 "A 5-story hospital, scheduled for completion in August, 1977, will be built at 401 W. Campbell Rd. ... The building contract was given to J. A. Jones Construction Co." The hospital was dedicated Saturday, May 27, 1977. It was named in memory of Dallas businessman B. B. Owen. The hospital opened for business Tuesday, May 30, 1977. Bennie Bryan Owen was born on September 11, 1897, in Cisco, Eastland County. As a young man, he moved to Dallas County where he was principally involved with investments and investment loans. He was also involved in agriculture as he owned land in Dallas County. In the late 1960s, Owen moved to Collin County where he made his residence until his death on April 24, 1972.
Date: 1975/1977
Partner: Richardson Public Library

[Walnut Hill Entrance Complete]

Description: Photograph of the masonry structure entrance for North Lake College. It is a tall structure with the North Lake logo on the top. The bricks from which it is built are the same as the original campus buildings.
Date: 1975
Partner: Dallas County Community College District