Network maintenance July 27th between 7:30AM and 8:00AM CDT may cause service disruptions.
Texas History Collection - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Communion Cap from 1900
- Communion cap circa 1900.
- Communion Glasses in Tray
- Communion glasses and tray from First Baptist Church at the W. H. Passon Historical Society.
- G.W. Norman School
- Written information about the G.W. Norman Elementary School in Austin, TX.
- Hobart Taylor, Jr.
- Hobart Taylor, Jr. was educated in Houston and at Prairie View A&M College and traveled to Washington D.C. as the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity. He later became a special counsel to President Johnson and in 1965 was appointed a director of the Import-Export Bank.
- Kealing Junior High
- Written information about Kealing Junior High School in Austin, TX.
- Letter from Governor George W. Bush
- Letter congratulating First Baptist Church on its 130th Anniversary from Governor George W. Bush.
- Letter from Kirk Watson, Mayor of Austin
- Letter from Austin Mayor Kirk Watson, supporting Ernestine Thompson and First Baptist Church on its project to chronicle its 133 year past.
- Letter from State Senator Gonzalo Barrientos
- Letter from State Senator of District 14 Gonzalo Barrientos, supporting First Baptist Church on its project to record their history as the oldest Baptist church for African- Americans.
- Letter from U.S. Representative Lloyd Doggett
- Letter to the Grant Review Committee in support of First Baptist Church from U.S. Representative Lloyd Daggett.
- Mahala Murchison - Short Biography
- A short biography about Mahala Murchison, the first African American to live in Austin, TX.
- W.H. Passon Historical Society Pamphlet
- Pamphlet about the W.H. Passon Historical Society in Austin, TX. The society's goal is the preservation of black history in the Austin area.