Texas History Collection - Browse
- [Letter regarding a loan for William Murrell, January 12, 1861]
- Letter to a "cousin" from J. Thompson and Giles Thompson, introducing William Murrell and discussing acceptable terms for a loan to Murrell with slaves as collateral.
- [Letter to Mr. Young from Thomas Ward, November 28, 1859]
- Letter to Mr. Young from Thomas Ward, regarding acceptable terms of sale for land in Cooke County Texas. Discusses abolition and the potential dissolution of the Union.
- [Letter to William Murrell regarding taxes, October 3, 1862]
- Letter from tax assessor E.B. Hicks to William Murrell. Taxes of $32.72 assessed on 27 slaves and 17 horses.