Throckmorton Area Newspaper Collection

The Throckmorton Area Newspaper Collection illustrates the lives of the residents of Throckmorton, Texas, and its wider county. A primarily agricultural region, Throckmorton County was established in 1858, after having been separated from Fannin County. In 1879, the county was organized, at which point the city of Throckmorton was chosen to replace Williamsburg as county seat. This newspaper collection was added to The Portal to Texas History through the support of a Tocker Foundation award.



At a Glance