Photographing Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Historic plaque, Milam County Courthouse

Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Cameron, Texas. It reads: "Milam County Courthouse. This is the fourth structure to serve as the Milam County Courthouse. The local Masonic Lodge laid the cornerstone for the building on July 4, 1891. Designed by architect A.O. Watson of Austin, the courthouse at one time feature a second empire roof and a cupola with a four-sided clock. The clock was removed and the roof altered in a 1938 renovation project by the Federal Works Progress Administration. As the center of county government for over a century, the courthouse stands as a significant part of Milam County history."
Date: October 8, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

Ben Milam statue, Milam County Courthouse grounds

Description: Photograph of a statue of Ben Milam on the grounds of the Milam County Courthouse, viewed from the side. He raises his hat in his right hand. The base of the statue reads, "Benjamin Rush Milam participated in the capture of Goliad October ninth, 1835, was killed in San Antonio, December seventh 1835 while commanding the Texas forces which later captured the town."
Date: October 8, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

Lee County Courthouse

Description: Photograph of the Lee County Courthouse in Giddings, Texas. It is a red and white stone building with a clock tower. Trees obscure the view of the building.
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

Historic plaque, Lee County Courthouse

Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Giddings, Texas. It reads: "Lee County Courthouse. Designed by J.R. Gordon along lines similar to New York State Capitol and several buildings at Harvard University. Classified as Richardsonian Romanesque style, after the famous Louisiana-born architect Henry B. Richardson. Built by Sonnefield, Emmins and Abright of San Antonion, 1899. Replaced first courthouse, which burned 1897. Located on crest of divide separating the Colorado and Brazos River Basins. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968."
Date: October 8, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

Sign for the La Grange Depot Museum

Description: La Grange Depot Museum sign, "This depot was completed in November 1867 by the M-K-T Railroad. It replaced the earlier depot that was on this site from 1887 until it burned in March 1897. The depot now houses the La Grange Depot Museum."
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries

The La Grange Depot Museum and M-K-T Railroad Depot

Description: Photograph of the La Grange Depot Museum, a yellow and green wooden building. A sign by the door says: "This depot was completed in November 1867 by the M-K-T Railroad. It replaced the earlier depot that was on this site from 1887 until it burned in March 1897. The depot now houses the La Grange Depot Museum."
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

The La Grange Depot Museum and M-K-T Railroad Depot

Description: Photograph of the La Grange Depot Museum, a yellow and green building. A sign on the building reads: "This depot was completed in November 1867 by the M-K-T Railroad. It replaced the earlier depot that was on this site from 1887 until it burned in March 1897. The depot now houses the La Grange Depot Museum."
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries

Fayette County Courthouse, La Grange

Description: Photograph of the Fayette County Courthouse in La Grange. It is a four-story building made of white and red stone with a clock tower at the top. A Texas flag flies from the left corner of the courthouse, and other buildings can be seen in the background.
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Location Info:
Partner: UNT Libraries