Photographing Texas - 1,595 Matching Results

Search Results

Two-Dimensional Tiled African Mural Panel D

Description: Photograph of Panel D of the Historic Wall at Fort Worth's Intermodal Transportation Center. It chronicles the African American Jim's Hotel. This is a twentieth-century piece created during the 1930s-1940s. This two-dimensional tiled mural is framed with red bricks and is on display for the public.
Date: March 15, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries

Two-Dimensional Tiled African Mural Panel E

Description: Photograph of Panel E of the Historic Wall at Fort Worth's Intermodal Transportation Center. It chronicles the African American Jim's Hotel. This is a twentieth-century piece created during the 1930s-1940s. This two-dimensional tiled mural is framed with red bricks and is on display for the public.
Date: March 15, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries

[Two Red Buildings]

Description: Photograph of two long red buildings with metal roofs somewhere in Texas. There are small trees in front of the buildings, and a dirt road is visible in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries

[Under Awning]

Description: Photograph of three metal arches on a concrete block where a bell may once have hung under the awning of a building somewhere in Texas. A wooden fence and trees are visible in the background.
Date: unknown
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries

United Evangelical Lutheran Church

Description: Historic plaque, "Philadelphia Evangelical Lutheran Church, the second oldest congregation in the Texas-Louisiana Synod, United Lutheran Church in America. The founding occurred on March 24, 1867, under leadership of the Rev. C.C. Rudi, who had just moved to the Swiss Alp area. A ten-acre church site was donated by John and Christina Knippa by deed of March 29, 1869. Cedar was donated by J.F. Melcher and the Knippas and original log church was built in 1869. In Feb. 1877 the cemetery was established and in Nov. 1877 an adjoining tract of 44.5 acres was added. The present church building was erected in 1889-90. (1974)"
Date: October 7, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Partner: UNT Libraries