Photograph of an automobile decorated for a street parade, part of the celebration for the Taylor Fair, July 4, 1909. Louise Grau is the little girls in the back seat. Picture taken at Grau residence backyard, located 505 Washburn Street, Taylor.
Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
Photograph of a decorated cart driven by horses. The side reads "Gentry's Trained Animal Show". The animal show was part of a parade that passed in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse in downtown Georgetown, TX.
Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Black and white photograph shows a locomotive, a 4-4-0 coal burner, built in the late 1880s; the train is backing in from Georgetown; this train is on the track above the W.J. Walsh family; they are having a picnic on the rocky banks of Brushy Creek in Old Town Round Rock.
This is a black and white photograph of the Round Rock Creamery in 1904. Farmers brought milk here where it was separated. The farmers returned home with the skimmed milk. On the left is a buggy belonging to Archie Hester. Simon Burkland's buggy is in the middle. Carl A. Johnson is on the right and Rueben Johnson is standing near the buggy wheel on the left. F. L. Aten was the plant manager. The business failed due to lack of refrigeration.
Black and white photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
Photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
Photograph of two mail carriers and the Postmaster standing in front of the U.S. Post Office in 1905 in Round Rock. From left to right: Bob Carlson, father of Carlo and Leon Carlson, unidentified, and Postmaster Robert Hyland, 1897-1911. Each mail carrier stands in front of a horse-drawn hack, which they would drive all around the countryside to deliver mail, and which are identified by signs reading "US Mail Route No. --". Both carriers hold bags of mail, and Carlson also holds a metal cash box. The post office behind them is a limestone building with double front doors, arched glass windows, pillars, and a covered porch.
Photograph of the old post office building. Two wheel rural route mail hacks delivered the mail and one is pictured on the left with the horse on the right. Postmaster Robert Hyland has on the derby hat.
Photograph of the Seiders children in a horse-drawn surrey, 1903. Taken near the Seiders residence in Taylor. Identified from left to right: Henry B. Jr., Emma & Alice. Photograph from the Seiders Family History.
Photograph of the W. J. Walsh family in front of Trinity College in 1907. In the foreground is a horse-drawn buggy with four occupants, a man, woman, and two children. In the background is a light colored school building with twin bell towers and arched doorways and windows.
This dialog allows you to filter your current search.
Each of the Years listed note their name and the number of records that will be limited down to if you choose that option.
The list can be sorted by name or the count.