Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

1921 Flood Washburn Street

Description: Photograph of the 1921 flood with men standing where Washburn Street had been washed away by flood waters.
Date: 1921
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Barnstormer Airplane]

Description: Photograph of Barnstormer airplane at Gunnar and Irene Rydell farm, northwest of Taylor. He was a barnstormer before 1936.
Date: 1926
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Cars on street in Georgetown]

Description: Black and white photograph. South Austin Avenue. Left to right: Man by telephone pole, Large brick building, several trucks, "LINDELL PETERSON & CO. / HARDWARE". Trucks, people sitting on trunks, "THAT GOOD GULF GASO". Maker's Mark: "R. STONE/ GEORGETOWN/ TEX"
Date: 1927
Creator: Stone, R.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Cars on the Georgetown square]

Description: A black and white photograph depicting the square at Georgetown. You can see several horses with carriages in the foreground and the side of a building with a wrought iron staircase on the right. Over the treetops you can see the dome of the court house.
Date: 1920~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

City National Bank

Description: Photograph of City National Bank, located at 210 N. Main Street, Taylor. Visible is a man walking by the bank. Note the unpaved street.
Date: 1920
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Collins Motor Company

Description: Postcard of Collins Motor Company, located at 406 Talbot Street, Taylor. Printed advertising and promotions on the back of the postcard.
Date: 1920
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Cotton Bales on Truck

Description: Photograph of three men on a truck stacked with bales of cotton. Truck is in front of warehouses.
Date: 1920
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Covered Car in Parade

Description: Photograph of a decorated car in the parade celebrating "Over 50 Years in Taylor."
Date: 1926
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Crowds Leaving Trades Day

Description: Photograph of the crowds leaving downtown Taylor at the end of Trades Day, July 9, 1923. Trades Day was sponsored by the big stores and businesses in downtown Taylor. There were sales and entertainment to draw shoppers into town. The C.O. Daliet Drugstore was located at 217 N. Main.
Date: 1923
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Ed Hunke Bakery Wagon

Description: Photograph of Ed Hunke's Bakery Delivery Truck, parked in front of the bakery. Mr. Hunke is behind the wheel.
Date: 1926
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Ed Hunke Bakery Wagon

Description: Photograph of Ed Hunke's bakery wagon, drawn by two horses through the muddy streets of Taylor. Shows Ed Hunke in the wagon, a man holding a basket standing next to him.
Date: 1926
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Family reunion with cars]

Description: Photograph of Spong ("small bridge" in Swedish) family reunion, which was normally in August after crops were in. Man in white is Andrew Spong.
Date: 1920~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Firemen Racing Team in Taylor Parade]

Description: Photograph of Taylor parade. In the photograph there are the Fireman Racing Team from Granger on Main Street. The Brunner & William Drug Store can be seen in the background.
Date: July 4, 1922
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Flood on Granger Main Street]

Description: Photograph of a flood in Granger in May 1920. Main Street, Dubil Meat Market,Trlica Photography, and Czech Moravian Brethren Church in background.
Date: 1920-05~
Creator: Trlica, Jno P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Flooded streets of Granger]

Description: Photograph of Floods in Granger. After record-setting rain, flood waters devastated many parts of the county in September 1921. This was the scene in Granger.
Date: 1928-9
Creator: Martinets
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

Fourth of July Celebration

Description: Photograph of the Fourth of July Celebration in 1926, downtown Taylor. View is looking south down Main Street. Crowds of onlookers line the streets.
Date: 1926
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of Father Francis Pridal, who died January 4, 1927, and was the first resident priest of the S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger in 1893. Automobiles line the street.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession-Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal on January 4, 1927. Pridal was the first Czech priest of the St. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger.
Date: January 4, 1927
Creator: Trlica, Jno. P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum