Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 310 Matching Results

Search Results

Crowds Leaving Trades Day

Description: Photograph of the crowds leaving downtown Taylor at the end of Trades Day, July 9, 1923. Trades Day was sponsored by the big stores and businesses in downtown Taylor. There were sales and entertainment to draw shoppers into town. The C.O. Daliet Drugstore was located at 217 N. Main.
Date: 1923
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Decorated for the Parade

Description: Photograph of an automobile decorated for a street parade, part of the celebration for the Taylor Fair, July 4, 1909. Louise Grau is the little girls in the back seat. Picture taken at Grau residence backyard, located 505 Washburn Street, Taylor.
Date: 1909
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Decorated Pony Cart

Description: Photograph of a cart decorated in patriotic regalia for a parade. The cart contains a young boy and an older girl, both in costume. The cart is pulled by two white horses, with two African American men holding the bridles. Note the unpaved and muddy streets, and the Christian Church in the background, located at the corner of 6th Street and Talbot, Taylor.
Date: 1913
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Dickey Clinic

Description: Photograph of the Dickey Clinic at 401 Bland Street, Taylor. The clinic opened in 1936; this picture was taken in 1955. Dr. Dickey was the African American doctor in Taylor who worked with city leaders to stop a typhoid epidemic in Taylor's poor districts.
Date: 1955
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Fire Department

Description: Photograph of two fire trucks from the Taylor Fire Department in the driveway of the bays. The bays for the Taylor Fire Department are on the east end of Taylor City Hall.
Date: 1932
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Fire Department, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
Date: 1907
Partner: Taylor Public Library