Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 40 Matching Results

Search Results

[Truck with cotton bales]

Description: Black and white photographic print mounted on a grey with black border outline matte. The photo is of a truck with a load of cotton in Georgetown, Texas around 1927. Behind the truck on the right is Albert William Lindell standing next to another man in a hat. Behind the truck is a brick building with a sign having the letters "FIS" visible. The man on the right is wearing a white shirt and black bow tie.
Date: 1927
Creator: Stone Studio
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Cars on street in Georgetown]

Description: Black and white photograph. South Austin Avenue. Left to right: Man by telephone pole, Large brick building, several trucks, "LINDELL PETERSON & CO. / HARDWARE". Trucks, people sitting on trunks, "THAT GOOD GULF GASO". Maker's Mark: "R. STONE/ GEORGETOWN/ TEX"
Date: 1927
Creator: Stone, R.
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Cars on the Georgetown square]

Description: A black and white photograph depicting the square at Georgetown. You can see several horses with carriages in the foreground and the side of a building with a wrought iron staircase on the right. Over the treetops you can see the dome of the court house.
Date: 1920~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of Father Francis Pridal, who died January 4, 1927, and was the first resident priest of the S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger in 1893. Automobiles line the street.
Date: January 1927
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Garage & gas pump]

Description: Photograph of garage and gas pump. The K. T. Garage, Granger. Edward C. Sladecek had a machine shop and Chevrolet dealership in the 200 block of W. Davilla before WWII. Pictured is Mr. Sladecek and an unknown person.
Date: 1923~
Partner: The Williamson Museum