Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Truck with cotton bales]

Description: Black and white photographic print mounted on a grey with black border outline matte. The photo is of a truck with a load of cotton in Georgetown, Texas around 1927. Behind the truck on the right is Albert William Lindell standing next to another man in a hat. Behind the truck is a brick building with a sign having the letters "FIS" visible. The man on the right is wearing a white shirt and black bow tie.
Date: 1927
Creator: Stone Studio
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Cars on street in Georgetown]

Description: Black and white photograph. South Austin Avenue. Left to right: Man by telephone pole, Large brick building, several trucks, "LINDELL PETERSON & CO. / HARDWARE". Trucks, people sitting on trunks, "THAT GOOD GULF GASO". Maker's Mark: "R. STONE/ GEORGETOWN/ TEX"
Date: 1927
Creator: Stone, R.
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Children on donkey]

Description: Photograph of four children with a white donkey in front of a rough shed, trees and a fence. Three of the children are seated on the back of the donkey and an older girl is standing on the right, holding the donkey's head. A handwritten note on the back says "Harry Fisher and Morgan and Birtis [sic] Vinning. Anna Warker and Snow. Georgetown, Texas."
Date: 19uu
Creator: Wilcox
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Arco Service Station]

Description: This is a black and white photograph of Lum C. Toungate's Arco Service Station located at 409 West Taylor, IH 35 and Highway 79 in Round Rock, Texas. Mr. Toungate stands on the drive with his three sons, Larry, Craig, and Jimmy. "Atlantic Richfield" is visible above the garage.
Date: 19
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Band in parade]

Description: Photograph of band in parade in Georgetown. South Avenue "LINDELL PETERSON & CO." on left. MILES BRO'S CLEANERS TAILORS HATTERS on right. Band in center of street with car behind. Crowds on both sides of South Avenue.
Date: 1940~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Blacksmith shop with buggy out front]

Description: Black and white photograph of the blacksmith and wheelwright shop located in the 100 block of Lampasas Street in Round Rock, Texas. "R. TATSCH" is printed on the wooden building. There are several bearded men pictured and several houses in front of the building.
Date: 1880
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Brushy Creek with bridge]

Description: Photograph of Brushy Creek and the round rock in the creek, for which the town of Round Rock was named; photograph was taken before the creek washed away both bridges shown in the image, one of which was a railroad bridge; the picture is taken from the dam, east of the round rock; there is an unidentified person standing on the round rock; view is looking east down Brushy Creek.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Buckner & Pennington Livery & Feed]

Description: Photograph of a group of men and horses in front of Buckner and Pennington Livery and Feed Stable in Round Rock around 1915; Bud Parks is on a horse; the other men are Dewey Long, Marshall Ferrell, Claude Buckner, Sr., and Dud Pennington; the stable was located on the 100 block of West Main Street
Date: 1915~
Partner: The Williamson Museum