Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Garage & gas pump]

Description: Photograph of garage and gas pump. The K. T. Garage, Granger. Edward C. Sladecek had a machine shop and Chevrolet dealership in the 200 block of W. Davilla before WWII. Pictured is Mr. Sladecek and an unknown person.
Date: 1923~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Georgetown Fire Department]

Description: Photograph of Georgetown Fire Department and R.O. "Bob" Davis, who later became Fire Chief, in the truck second from left. Sign in the top of the photograph explains addmittance is for firemen only, violators will recieve a 5.00 fine, enforced by the Mayor.
Date: unknown
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Georgetown Firemen on Firetruck]

Description: Photograph of Georgetown firemen on their firetruck, including Lonnie Watkins. Left to right: Mr. Mood, George Klohey, Jeff Gordan, driver R. D. Bole Davis (Fire Chief), Pay Goodlet, Sid Peerl (standing), and M. Wilcox. Mr. Davis and his wife lived upstairs and had a sliding pole in their apartment.
Date: 1919~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Girl in Bonnet with Mule]

Description: Photograph of Girl with mule near Norman's Crossing, southeast of Hutto. Possibly Flo Thompson with mule "Ada". The mule was used to pull cotton roller to press down cotton seeds in the ground. The purpose for this was to keep the seeds from drying out.
Date: unknown
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Group of people with cars on side]

Description: A black and white image of large group of people posing in front of building with gable roof and board and batten siding. A car is parked at either end of the group and more people are seated in the cars. Front seated row are men holding brass musical instruments; a bass drum with a symbol leaned against it at the center. Image mounted on brown cardboard with decorative embossed border.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum