Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 275 Matching Results

Search Results

[Model A Ford- Mail carrier & car]

Description: Photograph of Mr. Edward Peterson with his Model A Ford. A note with the picture states that Mr. Peterston used the automobile to carry mail from 1928 until he retired in 1960. Prior to that, he delivered Round Rock's mail on horseback and in a gig.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Wooden Bridge leading to Old Town Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the wooden bridge leading into "Old Town" Round Rock around the turn of the century. This was also the Chisholm Trail, and Sam Bass rode over this bridge after an attempted bank robbery. The house on the left is known as the Jessie Sansom home. The building on the right was the church. The two-story home in the background was the Ledbetter home. The store past the church was the Mays and Black store. The bridge was dismantled during World War II and the metal supports were used during the scrap metal drives.
Date: 189u
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Brushy Creek with bridge]

Description: Photograph of Brushy Creek and the round rock in the creek, for which the town of Round Rock was named; photograph was taken before the creek washed away both bridges shown in the image, one of which was a railroad bridge; the picture is taken from the dam, east of the round rock; there is an unidentified person standing on the round rock; view is looking east down Brushy Creek.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum