Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Train]

Description: A black and white photograph of a locomotive speeding by on the railroad tracks. There is a large black smoke stack coming from the top of the engine. There is a man standing on the gravel watching the train go by. It looks like winter as there are no leaves on the trees.
Date: 19uu
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[The Sladecek Garage in Granger, TX]

Description: Photograph of the Sladecek garage, located at 502 S. Commerce St., Granger, TX. Pictured is Victor and Edward J. Sladecek and their Aunt Victoria Wiezek, visiting from Chicago. Victor and Edward operated their father's business after World War II, and Edward was still operating the business in 1988.
Date: 1970
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Brushy Creek with bridge]

Description: black and white photograph of Brushy Creek and the round rock in the creek, for which the town of Round Rock was named; photograph was taken before the creek washed away both bridges shown in the image, one of which was a railroad bridge; the picture is taken from the dam, east of the round rock; there is an unidentified person standing on the round rock; view is looking east down Brushy Creek
Date: 19
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Blacksmith shop with buggy out front]

Description: Black and white photograph of the blacksmith and wheelwright shop located in the 100 block of Lampasas Street in Round Rock, Texas. "R. TATSCH" is printed on the wooden building. There are several bearded men pictured and several houses in front of the building.
Date: 1880
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Locomotive on bridge]

Description: Black and white photograph shows a locomotive, a 4-4-0 coal burner, built in the late 1880s; the train is backing in from Georgetown; this train is on the track above the W.J. Walsh family; they are having a picnic on the rocky banks of Brushy Creek in Old Town Round Rock.
Date: 1904
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Partner: The Williamson Museum