Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Family reunion with cars]

Description: Photograph of Spong ("small bridge" in Swedish) family reunion, which was normally in August after crops were in. Man in white is Andrew Spong.
Date: 1920~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Family with boy on horse in front of house]

Description: Black and white photograph of Aaron Johnson farm. Image shows eight people total. A boy on the far left is atop a horse. There is a man in a white hat holding the horse's reins.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Firemen Racing Team in Taylor Parade]

Description: Photograph of Taylor parade. In the photograph there are the Fireman Racing Team from Granger on Main Street. The Brunner & William Drug Store can be seen in the background.
Date: July 4, 1922
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[First airplane in Taylor]

Description: Sepia toned photograph of a group of men gathered around an early biplane airplane. The men are all wearing trousers, hat, and white dress shirts. Most are wearing suit jackets. The plane has a single engine with a propeller. The photograph was taken from a neighboring field and there is a barbed wire fence in the foreground. Several blurry buildings are in the background. Photo is labelled in the margin "First airoplane at Taylor"--first airplane in Taylor.
Date: 1910/1920~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[First Car in Granger Texas]

Description: Photograph of First car in Granger which belonged to John R. He is in the driver's seat. The girl to the right of the automobile is named Marta Bartosh.
Date: 1912~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[First Monday Trade Days, Georgetown]

Description: A black and white image; recorded by a camera and printed on light sensitive paper. This image is of the 1st Monday trade days in Williamson County-on the square. There are at least 50-60 men gathered in front of a couple of buildings- one, "PALACE BARBER SHOP"; the other "WILLIAMSON COUNTY SUN". Several people have wagons pulled by horses. Most of the men are on foot.
Date: 19
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Flood on Granger Main Street]

Description: Photograph of a flood in Granger in May 1920. Main Street, Dubil Meat Market,Trlica Photography, and Czech Moravian Brethren Church in background.
Date: 1920-05~
Creator: Trlica, Jno P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Flooded river with bridge]

Description: Black and white photograph of a flooded bridge on the left side; the right side shows a flooded river, trees and vegetation
Date: 192u
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Flooded streets of Granger]

Description: Photograph of Floods in Granger. After record-setting rain, flood waters devastated many parts of the county in September 1921. This was the scene in Granger.
Date: 1928-9
Creator: Martinets
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Frances McNeese Archer standing with car]

Description: Photograph of Frances McNeese Archer wearing her Round Rock High School football letter sweater, and standing on a Model A in 1939. She claimed that "seven of us rode to school in that car".
Date: 1939
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Frank Danforth's garage and Odd Fellows Building]

Description: Photograph of Frank Danforth's Garage and Odd Fellows building. Pictured: Frank Martinets, baby Dan Martinets, E. Blaylock, Frank Danforth, and others. The building is the International Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) lodge building in downtown Granger, TX
Date: 192?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Fred Harrison Gin]

Description: Photograph of the Fred Harrison gin located in Jarrell, TX in Williamson County.
Date: 192?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of Father Francis Pridal, who died January 4, 1927, and was the first resident priest of the S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger in 1893. Automobiles line the street.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession-Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal on January 4, 1927. Pridal was the first Czech priest of the St. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger.
Date: January 4, 1927
Creator: Trlica, Jno. P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession with hearse]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of father Frantisek Pridal, January 4,1927, with a procession from S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery.
Date: January 4, 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Garage & gas pump]

Description: Photograph of garage and gas pump. The K. T. Garage, Granger. Edward C. Sladecek had a machine shop and Chevrolet dealership in the 200 block of W. Davilla before WWII. Pictured is Mr. Sladecek and an unknown person.
Date: 1923~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum