Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Flooded streets of Granger]

Description: Photograph of Floods in Granger. After record-setting rain, flood waters devastated many parts of the county in September 1921. This was the scene in Granger.
Date: 1928-9
Creator: Martinets
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Frances McNeese Archer standing with car]

Description: Photograph of Frances McNeese Archer wearing her Round Rock High School football letter sweater, and standing on a Model A in 1939. She claimed that "seven of us rode to school in that car".
Date: 1939
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Frank Danforth's garage and Odd Fellows Building]

Description: Photograph of Frank Danforth's Garage and Odd Fellows building. Pictured: Frank Martinets, baby Dan Martinets, E. Blaylock, Frank Danforth, and others. The building is the International Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) lodge building in downtown Granger, TX
Date: 192?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Fred Harrison Gin]

Description: Photograph of the Fred Harrison gin located in Jarrell, TX in Williamson County.
Date: 192?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of Father Francis Pridal, who died January 4, 1927, and was the first resident priest of the S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger in 1893. Automobiles line the street.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession-Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal on January 4, 1927. Pridal was the first Czech priest of the St. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger.
Date: January 4, 1927
Creator: Trlica, Jno. P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession with hearse]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of father Frantisek Pridal, January 4,1927, with a procession from S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery.
Date: January 4, 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Garage & gas pump]

Description: Photograph of garage and gas pump. The K. T. Garage, Granger. Edward C. Sladecek had a machine shop and Chevrolet dealership in the 200 block of W. Davilla before WWII. Pictured is Mr. Sladecek and an unknown person.
Date: 1923~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gathering at political hall]

Description: Photograph of Granger political hall upstairs (Elick Hall) and general merchandise store downstairs. People gathered on all stories and on horses in front of building.
Date: 1896~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gathering at the Round Hall Train Station]

Description: Photograph of Round Hall located between Bartlett and Holland on State Highway 95. The Granger Picnic Band played there when it was built and continued to play there regularly.
Date: 1908/1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of a decorated cart driven by horses. The side reads "Gentry's Trained Animal Show". The animal show was part of a parade that passed in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse in downtown Georgetown, TX.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Georgetown Fire Department]

Description: Photograph of Georgetown Fire Department and R.O. "Bob" Davis, who later became Fire Chief, in the truck second from left. Sign in the top of the photograph explains addmittance is for firemen only, violators will recieve a 5.00 fine, enforced by the Mayor.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum