This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.

Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Funeral of Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal which included a procession from St. Cyril and Methodius Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery about 2.5 miles east of Granger. Visible is a truck and automobile.
Date: January 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession-Father Pridal]

Description: Photograph of funeral of Father Frantisek Pridal on January 4, 1927. Pridal was the first Czech priest of the St. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Granger.
Date: January 4, 1927
Creator: Trlica, Jno. P.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Funeral procession with hearse]

Description: Photograph of Funeral of father Frantisek Pridal, January 4,1927, with a procession from S.S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church through Granger to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery.
Date: January 4, 1927
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Garage & gas pump]

Description: Photograph of garage and gas pump. The K. T. Garage, Granger. Edward C. Sladecek had a machine shop and Chevrolet dealership in the 200 block of W. Davilla before WWII. Pictured is Mr. Sladecek and an unknown person.
Date: 1923~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gathering at political hall]

Description: Photograph of Granger political hall upstairs (Elick Hall) and general merchandise store downstairs. People gathered on all stories and on horses in front of building.
Date: 1896~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gathering at the Round Hall Train Station]

Description: Photograph of Round Hall located between Bartlett and Holland on State Highway 95. The Granger Picnic Band played there when it was built and continued to play there regularly.
Date: 1908/1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of a decorated cart driven by horses. The side reads "Gentry's Trained Animal Show". The animal show was part of a parade that passed in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse in downtown Georgetown, TX.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Georgetown Fire Department]

Description: Photograph of Georgetown Fire Department and R.O. "Bob" Davis, who later became Fire Chief, in the truck second from left. Sign in the top of the photograph explains addmittance is for firemen only, violators will recieve a 5.00 fine, enforced by the Mayor.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Georgetown Firemen on Firetruck]

Description: Photograph of Georgetown firemen on their firetruck, including Lonnie Watkins. Left to right: Mr. Mood, George Klohey, Jeff Gordan, driver R. D. Bole Davis (Fire Chief), Pay Goodlet, Sid Peerl (standing), and M. Wilcox. Mr. Davis and his wife lived upstairs and had a sliding pole in their apartment.
Date: 1919~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Girl in Bonnet with Mule]

Description: Photograph of Girl with mule near Norman's Crossing, southeast of Hutto. Possibly Flo Thompson with mule "Ada". The mule was used to pull cotton roller to press down cotton seeds in the ground. The purpose for this was to keep the seeds from drying out.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I & GN Railroad Station, Taylor, TX]

Description: Photograph of the I & G N Railroad Station in Taylor, TX. The Murphy Hotel is on the right. Kaw Paving Compnay is preparing to lay pine block paving on E. First Street between the station and hotel.
Date: 191?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum