Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Locomotive on bridge]

Description: Black and white photograph shows a locomotive, a 4-4-0 coal burner, built in the late 1880s; the train is backing in from Georgetown; this train is on the track above the W.J. Walsh family; they are having a picnic on the rocky banks of Brushy Creek in Old Town Round Rock.
Date: 1904
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Round Rock Creamery with buggy]

Description: This is a black and white photograph of the Round Rock Creamery in 1904. Farmers brought milk here where it was separated. The farmers returned home with the skimmed milk. On the left is a buggy belonging to Archie Hester. Simon Burkland's buggy is in the middle. Carl A. Johnson is on the right and Rueben Johnson is standing near the buggy wheel on the left. F. L. Aten was the plant manager. The business failed due to lack of refrigeration.
Date: 1904
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Round Rock Hook & Ladder Co. with wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
Date: 1907~
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of a decorated cart driven by horses. The side reads "Gentry's Trained Animal Show". The animal show was part of a parade that passed in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse in downtown Georgetown, TX.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

Baptist Church, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the First Baptist Church located on 6th Street in Taylor, Texas. Correspondence on the back of the card is in Swedish.
Date: 1908
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Cotton Compress, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the cotton compress with bales of cotton ready for shipping. Railroad cars are stationed between the loading docks.
Date: 1908
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Decorated for the Parade

Description: Photograph of an automobile decorated for a street parade, part of the celebration for the Taylor Fair, July 4, 1909. Louise Grau is the little girls in the back seat. Picture taken at Grau residence backyard, located 505 Washburn Street, Taylor.
Date: 1909
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Downtown Taylor]

Description: Photograph of Main Street, Taylor, looking south, during a fair parade.
Date: 1906~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

Fire Department, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
Date: 1907
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Taylor Public Library

I. & G.N. Depot

Description: Postcard of the I.& G.N. Railroad Depot in Taylor Texas. Correspondence on the back in English.
Date: 1907
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Gathering at the Round Hall Train Station]

Description: Photograph of Round Hall located between Bartlett and Holland on State Highway 95. The Granger Picnic Band played there when it was built and continued to play there regularly.
Date: 1908/1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Street Scene]

Description: Photograph of a street in Granger. In the photograph is Baca and Co. Furniture and Stove Store established ca. 1900 in Granger.
Date: 1908~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum