Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 757 Matching Results

Search Results

[A Wagon Train in Round Rock]
Photograph of Old Town Round Rock wagon train in front of St. Charles Hotel.
[Blacksmith shop with buggy out front]
Black and white photograph of the blacksmith and wheelwright shop located in the 100 block of Lampasas Street in Round Rock, Texas. "R. TATSCH" is printed on the wooden building. There are several bearded men pictured and several houses in front of the building.
[Wagons on Main Street]
Photograph of Main Street, looking north from 2nd Street in Taylor with wagons loaded with cotton.
Main Street Looking Northwest, 1883
Photograph of the intersection of Second & Main Street in Taylor, 1883. Visible on right corner is First National Bank, which would become Taylor National Bank. The roads are dirt and mud, with horse-drawn wagons and carts. Early department stores and dry good stores are on the west side of Main Street running north.
[Newton Calvin Holman Leaving for Cattle Drive]
Photograph of Newton Calvin Holman, who is 18 years old at the time, on his horse setting out on a cattle drive. Holman was later the mayor of Taylor.
[Buggy on Main Street in Hutto]
Photograph of buggy and people on Main Street in downtown Hutto.
[Granger Train Station]
Photograph of the simple Granger train station between 1890 and the 1900s.
[People and a Horse in Front of a Blacksmith]
Photograph of John Albert Kimbro and friends in front of blacksmith shop in North Georgetown. John Albert Kimbro is shown in middle of photo. The photograph has writing at the bottom explaining who is in the photo.
West Side Pavillion & Street Car
Photograph of the West Side Pavilion at the end of Seventh Street, with a mule drawn street car with passengers.
Tobacco Advertisement
Photograph of advertising on railroad car for Peter Schramm's tobacco business. Schramm was a tobacco wholesaler in Taylor.
[Builders on horse-back on dam]
Photograph of builders of dam for flour mill near Jonah for water wheel to power grinding wheat. Some are on horseback.
[Silent Grove school class with horse]
Photograph of Silent Grove school, north of Liberty Hill, with horse on left side.
[Gathering at political hall]
Photograph of Granger political hall upstairs (Elick Hall) and general merchandise store downstairs. People gathered on all stories and on horses in front of building.
[Sam Loving With a Horse]
Photograph of Sam Loving of Round Rock ready to be shipped out to Cuba in the Spanish American War in 1898. He was in First Texas, Company E.
[Blacksmith shop with buggies out front]
Photograph of Mr. Law (on left) at the blacksmith shop in Florence with buggies parked out front.
[A Boy on a Horse]
Photograph of Boy on a horse with dog on way to school.
[City of Schwertner & Road]
Photograph of the city of Schwertner pictured around the turn of the twentieth century.
[A Girl on a Horse]
Photograph of Girl riding her horse on the way to school.
[Horse & Buggy by gin]
Photograph of early cotton gin in Williamson County. Mule pulled wagon out in front.
[Main Street Granger]
Photograph of Street scene in Granger. Main Street. There is a handwritten note with an arrow that says "my place of business".
[Men in Horse and Buggy]
Photograph of Two men with a horse and buggy in 1900s Granger.
[Patch Stubblefield With a Horse by the Courthouse]
Photograph of Judge Billy Ray Stubblefield's grandfather, William Oscar "Patch" Stubblefield, with his horse in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse built in 1877-1878.
[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]
Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]
Photograph of a decorated cart driven by horses. The side reads "Gentry's Trained Animal Show". The animal show was part of a parade that passed in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse in downtown Georgetown, TX.
[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]
Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]
Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]
a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
[Wagons clearing fire debris]
Photograph of East Street in Hutto after a fire destroyed most of the buildings, horse-drawn wagons clear debris.
Seiders Children in a Horse-drawn Surrey
Photograph of the Seiders children in a horse-drawn surrey, 1903. Taken near the Seiders residence in Taylor. Identified from left to right: Henry B. Jr., Emma & Alice. Photograph from the Seiders Family History.
[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]
Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
[Locomotive on bridge]
Black and white photograph shows a locomotive, a 4-4-0 coal burner, built in the late 1880s; the train is backing in from Georgetown; this train is on the track above the W.J. Walsh family; they are having a picnic on the rocky banks of Brushy Creek in Old Town Round Rock.
[Round Rock Creamery with buggy]
This is a black and white photograph of the Round Rock Creamery in 1904. Farmers brought milk here where it was separated. The farmers returned home with the skimmed milk. On the left is a buggy belonging to Archie Hester. Simon Burkland's buggy is in the middle. Carl A. Johnson is on the right and Rueben Johnson is standing near the buggy wheel on the left. F. L. Aten was the plant manager. The business failed due to lack of refrigeration.
Hoxie Ranch House
Photograph of the Hoxie Ranch House, rear view, 1905. Picture shows the Seiders' horse (Old Joe) and surrey with the Seiders' and Hoxie's older girls. Photograph from The Seiders Family History.
Parade Wagon
Photograph of women in horse drawn wagon all decorated for July 4th Parade, 1927.
[Round Rock Post office Mail Carriers with buggy]
Photograph of two mail carriers and the Postmaster standing in front of the U.S. Post Office in 1905 in Round Rock. From left to right: Bob Carlson, father of Carlo and Leon Carlson, unidentified, and Postmaster Robert Hyland, 1897-1911. Each mail carrier stands in front of a horse-drawn hack, which they would drive all around the countryside to deliver mail, and which are identified by signs reading "US Mail Route No. --". Both carriers hold bags of mail, and Carlson also holds a metal cash box. The post office behind them is a limestone building with double front doors, arched glass windows, pillars, and a covered porch.
[Round Rock Post Office with buggy]
Photograph of the old post office building. Two wheel rural route mail hacks delivered the mail and one is pictured on the left with the horse on the right. Postmaster Robert Hyland has on the derby hat.
Birdseye View Looking No. West
Photograph of early Taylor, looking to the northwest from an unidentified location. Earlier dating of 1896 is incorrect, as the 1905-1935 Taylor City Hall is visible on the horizon.
[Downtown Taylor]
Photograph of Main Street, Taylor, looking south, during a fair parade.
Hoxie Ranch House
Photograph of the Hoxie Ranch House, front view, located 6 miles northeast of Taylor, 1906. Photo from the Seider Family History: "site of many happy weekend visits."
Fire Department, Taylor, Texas
Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
I. & G.N. Depot
Postcard of the I.& G.N. Railroad Depot in Taylor Texas. Correspondence on the back in English.
[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]
Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
[Round Rock Hook & Ladder Co. with wagon]
Black and white photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
[Round Rock Hook & Ladder Co. with wagon]
Photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
[Walsh Family with horse & buggy]
Photograph of the W. J. Walsh family in front of Trinity College in 1907. In the foreground is a horse-drawn buggy with four occupants, a man, woman, and two children. In the background is a light colored school building with twin bell towers and arched doorways and windows.
[Bridge downtown Round Rock]
Photograph of wooden bridge in old downtown Round Rock with structures visible in background.
Baptist Church, Taylor, Texas
Postcard of the First Baptist Church located on 6th Street in Taylor, Texas. Correspondence on the back of the card is in Swedish.
Cotton Compress, Taylor, Texas
Postcard of the cotton compress with bales of cotton ready for shipping. Railroad cars are stationed between the loading docks.
[Gathering at the Round Hall Train Station]
Photograph of Round Hall located between Bartlett and Holland on State Highway 95. The Granger Picnic Band played there when it was built and continued to play there regularly.
[Granger Street Scene]
Photograph of a street in Granger. In the photograph is Baca and Co. Furniture and Stove Store established ca. 1900 in Granger.