Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Decorated for the Parade

Description: Photograph of an automobile decorated for a street parade, part of the celebration for the Taylor Fair, July 4, 1909. Louise Grau is the little girls in the back seat. Picture taken at Grau residence backyard, located 505 Washburn Street, Taylor.
Date: 1909
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Fire Department, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
Date: 1907
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Round Rock Hook & Ladder Co. with wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of the Round Rock Hook and Ladder Co.; 18 men in pant and shirt uniforms with bibs labeled "1"; military-style flat, short brimmed caps; some of the men hold tall hooks, buckets and an ax; they stand in front of or on or sit in a long wooden wagon
Date: 1907~
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Walsh Family with horse & buggy]

Description: Photograph of the W. J. Walsh family in front of Trinity College in 1907. In the foreground is a horse-drawn buggy with four occupants, a man, woman, and two children. In the background is a light colored school building with twin bell towers and arched doorways and windows.
Date: 1907
Partner: The Williamson Museum

Hoxie Ranch House

Description: Photograph of the Hoxie Ranch House, rear view, 1905. Picture shows the Seiders' horse (Old Joe) and surrey with the Seiders' and Hoxie's older girls. Photograph from The Seiders Family History.
Date: 1905
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Round Rock Post office Mail Carriers with buggy]

Description: Photograph of two mail carriers and the Postmaster standing in front of the U.S. Post Office in 1905 in Round Rock. From left to right: Bob Carlson, father of Carlo and Leon Carlson, unidentified, and Postmaster Robert Hyland, 1897-1911. Each mail carrier stands in front of a horse-drawn hack, which they would drive all around the countryside to deliver mail, and which are identified by signs reading "US Mail Route No. --". Both carriers hold bags of mail, and Carlson also holds a metal cash box. The post office behind them is a limestone building with double front doors, arched glass windows, pillars, and a covered porch.
Date: 1905
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Locomotive on bridge]

Description: Black and white photograph shows a locomotive, a 4-4-0 coal burner, built in the late 1880s; the train is backing in from Georgetown; this train is on the track above the W.J. Walsh family; they are having a picnic on the rocky banks of Brushy Creek in Old Town Round Rock.
Date: 1904
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Partner: The Williamson Museum