Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - 40 Matching Results

Search Results

Decorated for the Parade

Description: Photograph of an automobile decorated for a street parade, part of the celebration for the Taylor Fair, July 4, 1909. Louise Grau is the little girls in the back seat. Picture taken at Grau residence backyard, located 505 Washburn Street, Taylor.
Date: 1909
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Fire Department, Taylor, Texas

Description: Postcard of the Taylor Fire Department, located at the back of Taylor City Hall. There were three bays for equipment. Pictured outside are a horse-drawn water wagon and a horse-drawn ladder wagon. Notice the white dog. There is correspondence in English written on the back of the card.
Date: 1907
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show in Parade]

Description: Photograph of two elephants wearing blankets with their names on them, "Pinto' on the left and "Little" on the right. They are walking in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse and were a part of Gentry's Trained Animal show that participated in a parade downtown.
Date: 1902
Creator: Sharpe, Sr., John
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a man on a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; on the carriage "GENTRY'S TRAINED/ ANIMAL SHOW"; man is in a uniform and is driving the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: Black and white photograph of a carriage of animals mounted on decorative embossed matte; the carriage is driven by a man in a uniform and drawn by horses; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show parading in front of the fourth Williamson County Courthouse; on reverse are pencil markings
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Gentry's Trained Animal Show Wagon]

Description: a black and white image of a man and dogs in a horse-drawn carriage mounted on decorative embossed matte; the man wears a uniform and drives the carriage in front of the fourth Williamson County courthouse; part of Gentry's Trained Animal Show
Date: 1902~
Creator: Sharpe, John
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[I&GN Railroad train Round Rock]

Description: Photograph of the Williamson County International and Great Northern Railroad in 1904. The depot is on the upper left side of the photograph. The track crossed Brushy Creek about two miles below the town of Round Rock, then located on the north side of Brushy, and terminated in 1876 just short of the proposed Lake Bridge site, where a depot and freight station were built. Four men are seen in front of the train past the engine.
Date: 1904
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[Granger Picnic Band on a Road]

Description: Photograph of the Granger Picnic Band. Martinets General Merchandise Store in background, present location of Granger National Bank. First row: George Matyscak, ____ Hruska, Frank Martinets, Emil Wentercek, Jim Martinets. Second row: Charles Vitek, Karel Strmiska, Joe Vitek, Frank Kerbala, Joe Rozacky. Third row: Tom Martinets, William Vitek, Roman Zatozek, Frank Drozd. Also location of S. P. J. S. T. Hall.
Date: 1907~
Partner: The Williamson Museum