Are We There Yet? Transportation in Central Texas - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Owl Cafe

Description: Photograph of the Owl Cafe, street view, located at 111 East First Street, Taylor. Note the automobiles parked along the side of the street.
Date: 1947
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Proposed Warehouse Site U.S. Highway 81 in Georgetown]

Description: Photograph of proposed warehouse site on U.S. Highway 81 at Georgetown. Shows barbed wire fence, man and parked car in right-of-way along highway on the left. Low post with stenciled number 640.
Date: February 16, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

[Proposed Warehouse Site U.S. Highway 81 in Georgetown]

Description: Photograph of proposed warehouse site on U.S. Highway 81 at Georgetown. Shows barbed wire fence and sheep in the field beyond along right-of-way.
Date: February 16, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

[Proposed Warehouse Site U.S. Highway 81 in Georgetown]

Description: Photograph of proposed warehouse site on U.S. Highway 81 at Georgetown. Shows barbed wire fence, men, parked car, and culvert in right-of-way along highway on the right. Billboards in the distance on the other side of the highway.
Date: February 16, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

Road and Bridge

Description: Photograph of an unidentified road and bridge, in East Williamson County. Exact location unknown. From the Hugo Randig Estate, transferred from the Austin History Center.
Date: 1949
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Rolling cotton]

Description: Photograph of Donald and Larry Rydell rolling cotton (keeps soil around seed from drying out after planting) on the Rydell farm, northwest of Taylor.
Date: 1947~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[South San Gabriel River Bridge on U.S. Highway 81]

Description: Photograph of completed South San Gabriel River Bridge, Federal Aid Project 140-B (9) Job 15. U.S. Highway 81 also known as Highway 2 (old designation).
Date: July 9, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

Thompson Building

Description: Photograph of the Thompson Building at 109 N. Main Street, housing the Tommie Speegle Bakery. Photograph taken Sept 29, 1947.
Date: 1947
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

[Three soldiers on furlough from World War II]

Description: Photograph of three soliders on first furlough from World War II while stationed at Kelly Field, posing by a car. Left to right: Privates William Eugene Howland, Gene Preston Pealson, and Hoard Grady Howland.
Date: 1942
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: The Williamson Museum

[U.S,. Highway 81 in Georgetown]

Description: Photograph of U.S. Highway 81 showing defects on military roads, congested traffic in Georgetown. Possibly taken on courthouse square, view of parked cars and various businesses including Hirsh's Drugs, Piggly Wiggly and Neumans Dry Goods.
Date: October 20, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

[U.S,. Highway 81 in Georgetown]

Description: Photograph of U.S. Highway 81 showing defects on military roads, congested traffic in Georgetown. Possibly taken from courthouse dome, view of parked cars and various businesses including Neumans Dry Goods. Photo is not sharp.
Date: October 20, 1940
Creator: Texas. Department of Transportation.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Texas Department of Transportation

View North on Main

Description: Photograph of the view north on Main from Stromberg Hospital, at 8th Street, Taylor. The hospital is not itself visible.
Date: 1947
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library

Woman Behind the Car

Description: Photograph of an unidentified Woman Behind Car on the side of the road, 1949. Exact location is unknown. From the Hugo Randig Estate, transferred from the Austin History Center.
Date: 1949
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Taylor Public Library