University of North Texas Archives - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Nettie Williams North Texas Normal College diploma]
- Diploma from North Texas Normal College certifying that Nettie Williams has completed the necessary coursework in English to achieve certification. At the top of the document is an illustration of the Normal Building, which was the only school building at the time. At the bottom of the diploma it is embossed with the North Texas Normal College seal. The Certificate is signed by President of Faculty Menter Bradley Terrill, President of Trustees William A. Ponder, President of the Board of Regents Colonel Thomas Walter Abney, Secretary of Faculty J.A. Sanders, Secretary of the Board of Trustees H. F. Schweer, and the Secretary of the Board of Regents Honorable Alvin Clark Owsley.
- President's home, North Texas Normal College, 1895-1901
- Home of North Texas Normal College President Menter Bradley Terrill, 1895-1901. Wooden house and trees - snow covered
- Ruby Chilton and friends
- Texas Normal College and Teachers Training Institute, Ruby Chilton (far right) and friends, early 1890s, Ruby was daughter of first president, a student and supervised library. Three people seated in a horse drawn carriage.
- Speech delivered by President Chilton
- Manuscript speech written by President Chilton and delivered to commemorate the opening of the Texas State Normal College and Teachers Training Institute in Denton, Texas. Page 2 of the speech is missing.
- Students and President Terrill
- North Texas State Normal College, students and President Terrill, 1899. Individuals standing and sitting for a photo