University of North Texas Archives - 21 Matching Results

Search Results

[Building the first TWU campus]

Description: Copy negative of construction workers building the first campus of TWU in Denton, originally called the Texas Industrial Institute and College for the Education of White Girls of the State of Texas in the Arts and Sciences.
Date: 1901~
Partner: UNT Libraries Special Collections

North Texas State Normal College faculty, 1905.

Description: Illustrated sheet containing five individual, oval-shaped portraits of faculty members at North Texas State Normal College. They are identified as: Edith L. Clark, Literature; W. H. Bruce, Mathematics; L. D. Borden, Physical Science; F. A. Hauslein, Latin; and Annie Webb, Blanton English.
Date: 1905
Partner: UNT Libraries Special Collections

[Second Baptist Church, Denton]

Description: Copy negative of the Second Baptist Church in Denton, built in 1897 and burned in 1917. It sat on the site of the present First Denton National Bank. W. B. McClurkan paid the church $15,000 for the lot and donated $3,000 for the building fund. This sale took place August 28, 1917, and on the same day the church purchased the lot at 400 W. Oak for $8,000.
Date: [1900..1917]
Partner: UNT Libraries Special Collections