University of North Texas Archives - 5 Matching Results

Search Results

[Second Baptist Church, Denton]

Description: Copy negative of the Second Baptist Church in Denton, built in 1897 and burned in 1917. It sat on the site of the present First Denton National Bank. W. B. McClurkan paid the church $15,000 for the lot and donated $3,000 for the building fund. This sale took place August 28, 1917, and on the same day the church purchased the lot at 400 W. Oak for $8,000.
Date: [1900..1917]
Partner: UNT Libraries Special Collections