World War II Collection of Arlington, Texas - 527 Matching Results

Search Results

[Photograph of Soldiers at a Battle]

Description: Photograph of three soldiers on a battle field. Two of the men are standing casually and the third is seated in the grass. All are surrounding a mortar. The man on the left has a radio and the seated man has binoculars. Text on the back reads, "Foster Lee Battle, Lost, Arlington High School 1935."
Date: 1935
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Arlington High School Class of 1939]

Description: Photograph of all graduates of Arlington High School Class of 1939. All graduates are named individually. Some names have awards listed next to them. Awards include: Athletics-Ben Love, Valedictorian-Faye Nation, Athletics-Elsie Lowe, Scholarship-Frank Wallace, Superintendent-Ben Everitt, Secretary of Treasury and Popularity-Martha J. Hornaday, Popularity-Forrest Green, Sponsor-Elizabeth Geer, Principal-W. R. Windish, Queen-Lois Herbert, Salutatorian-Mary L. Pemberton, Prettiest-Anna Lou Williams, Best Looking-Roy Post, President-Tom Elder, Vice-President-Maurice Duncan.
Date: 1939
Creator: Arlington High School
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Photograph of Chester Morris]

Description: Photograph of Chester Morris standing on a sidewalk and leaning against a tree. Morris is wearing a military uniform and has his hands folded in his lap. Text on back reads, "Chester Morris, Jan 1, 1939, In front of Dr. Davis' house on Abram Street."
Date: January 1, 1939
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Application for Special Shoe Stamp]

Description: Application for a special shoe stamp, to be used to buy new shoes. Instructions at the top request: "do not fill in this application unless you will suffer serious hardship if you are unable to obtain an extra shoe ration before a new War Ration Stamp becomes valid. Hardship need not be shown to replace defective shoes."
Date: 1940~/1949~
Creator: United States. Office of Price Administration.
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Benefits of Reenlistment]

Description: Document listing the benefits of reenlisting in the Marine Corps, including a reenlistment period; mustering out pay; reenlistment allowance; choice of station; furlough travel allowance; furlough if you reenlist for two, three, or four years; retention of rank; transfer to fleet Marine Corps Reserve after 20 years of service; and retirement.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Certificate of Proficiency, Frank W. Gardner]

Description: Certificate awarded to Frank W. Gardner. It reads: "Army Air Forces Combat Crew School, Tarrant Field, Texas. Pilot Transition Training. Certificate of Proficiency. This is to certify that Frank W. Gardner, 2nd Lt., A. C. has successfully completed a course of instruction in Pilot Training and Ground Technical Instruction on B-24 D type equipment and is awarded this certificate in testimony thereof." It is signed by Louis R. Hughes, Jr., Lt. Col., A. C., Director of Training, and James S. Stowell, Col., A. C., Commanding Officer.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Creator: Army Air Forces Combat Crew School
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Coupon Book]

Description: Coupon book supplied by the Panama Canal Supply Department Commissary.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Creator: Panama Canal Supply Department
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[First Methodist Church Pamphlet]

Description: Pamphlet issued by the First Methodist Church, detailing an upcoming service where the church will replace plaques honoring members of the congregation who served and died in World War II.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Five Soldiers With Skull]

Description: Photograph of five soldiers standing outside. The man in the middle wears a white shirt, and the men on either side of him wear helmets. The man on the far left holds a skull in one hand and a gun in the other. These men are identified as Cole, C. E. Few, Nichols, Clark, and Smith.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Four Boys Sitting On a Rock]

Description: Photograph of four boys outside arranged around a rock. They are identified as Grub, Richard A. Fanning, Ashcraft, and Ray. The two on the left stand behind the rock, while the third sits on it and the fourth sits in the third boy's lap. Trees are visible behind them.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Four Soldiers In A Camp]

Description: Photograph of four soldiers, James Menlinger, Rodey Scinto, Calvin Rosacken, and John Weik, standing outside in their camp in the desert. Scanto, Rosacken, and Weik are shirtless.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Four Soldiers Outside Camp]

Description: Photograph of four soldiers in uniform standing in front of a row of tents. Three are standing, holding their rifles, and one is kneeling. The man on the right is identified as Shultze.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Hall of Honor Article]

Description: Article entitled "Hall of Honor" about Col. Valin Woodward, USAF, who is being inducted into the Military Science Hall of Honor by the University of Texas at Arlington, which he attended when it was the North Texas Agricultural College.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Insignia Patch]

Description: Cloth insignia patch belonging to Shirley C. Foster. The patch has a dark blue background with striped silver stitching in arcs and the top and coming to a point at the bottom. There is an open diamond at the center.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum

[Insignia Patch]

Description: Cloth insignia patch belonging to Shirley C. Foster. The patch has a tan background with striped gold stitching in arcs and the top and coming to a point at the bottom. There is an open diamond at the center.
Date: 1940~/1949~
Partner: Arlington Historical Society’s Fielder House Museum