World War Two Collection - 648 Matching Results

Search Results

[12th Armored Division Memorial]

Description: Photograph of a memorial to the 12th Armored Division near the Dyess Air Base in Abilene, Texas. It reads: "Dedicated to the memory of all men of the 12th Armored Division in World War II. Camp Barkeley, 1943-44." There is a list of 12th Armored Division units and division actions in the middle of the memorial. The text under that reads: "Installed by members and friends of the 12th Armored Division Association. Memorial Committee: R. O. Collier, M. R. Drum, M. L. Glover, F. G. Hatt, Jr., J. J. King, B. Leftwich".
Date: October 2001
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[12th Armored Division Patch]

Description: Photograph of the 12th Armored Division patch engraved on the side of the Armored Forces Monument. The 13th Armored Division patch is also visible to the right, and text is engraved on the top of the monument.
Date: November 11, 1991
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[17th Armored Infantry Battalion Display]

Description: Photograph of display cases in the 17th Armored Infantry Battalion section of the 12th Armored Infantry Division in Abilene, Texas. There are pictures mounted on the wall in the background, a uniform in a case to the left, and equipment in a case to the right.
Date: October 2001
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[2nd Platoon at Camp Barkeley]

Description: Photograph of the 2nd platoon, Company B, 56th Armored Infantry Battalion, in front of barracks at Camp Barkeley. The soldiers sitting are John Nugent, William Bushey, and Fred Payne. Asriel Rackow stands behind them, and Edward Sutkaitis stands with a gun to the right.
Date: 1944
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[2nd Platoon at Camp Barkeley]

Description: Photograph of the 2nd platoon of Company B, 56th Armored Infantry Battalion posing together in front of barracks at Camp Barkeley. The soldiers in the front row are William Shor and John Nugent. Those in the back row are Edward Sutkaitis, Frank Hulsinzer, Howard Toms, and Curtis Hagen.
Date: 1944
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[2nd Platoon Outside Barracks]

Description: Photograph of the 2nd platoon, Company B, 56th Armored Infantry Battalion, in front of barracks at Camp Barkeley. The soldiers sitting are Bill Shor and John Nugent, and those standing are Edward Sutkaitis, Frank Hulsinzer, Howard Toms, and Curtis Hagen.
Date: 1944
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[Aerial View of Camp Barkeley]

Description: Photograph of Camp Barkeley as seen from the air. Dirt roads separate a group of three larger buildings from rows of smaller camp buildings. A circular icon containing an "M" shaped image and the number 12 is visible in front of the foremost building which is labeled the Headquarters of the Twelfth Armored Company.
Date: 1943~
Partner: The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum

[Application for Home Canning Sugar Coupons]

Description: Application for home canning sugar coupons belonging to Mrs. F. D. Wyatt. The text on the back of the slip discusses why sugar supplies are so low; the shortage is partly due to increased need overseas, not as much being brought to the U. S. and people the previous year "over-applied for canning sugar."
Date: [1942..1945]
Partner: Pioneer City County Museum