This weekly paper served the people of Cameron, Milam County. The community formed in 1846 and named for Scottish Highlander Ewen Cameron, who participated in the Texas Revolution and the Mier Expedition.
Once located near present-day Dyess Air Force Base, this was among the largest U.S. military installations in Texas. These newspapers published by personnel provided news and information to soldiers and their families.
This collection of photographs documents life at Camp Bowie, featuring photos of troops at the camp in Fort Worth during WWI, and of troops, tents, and aerial views of the camp in Brownwood during WWII.
The Canadian Advertiser ran from1938 until 1939, published by Othello Ontje Miller. Miller and his wife Elna were the sole owners of the newspaper; he served as publisher and editor and she was in charge of the reporting and advertising.
"Devoted to the interests of Canadian and the Surrounding Country", as its masthead once declared early in the publication's history, The Canadian Record continues to serve the town of Canadian, Texas as it has since 1893.
Originally published in 1896, this weekly covered stock raising. In 1903, attorney George A. Brandon bought the paper, which included local, state, and national news as well as advertising and items promoting the community.
Joseph A. Carroll played a major role in the early development of North Texas as was a founding father of Denton. These more than 80 letters (approx. 129 pages) were written to and from Carroll during the 19th century.
For much of the 20th century the Carrollton Chronicle was the newspaper of record for the small town. It provided a weekly history of a town which grew from 500 people in 1900 to nearly 90,000 in the early 1990’s.
The Cedar Hill Newspaper Collection is a selection of weekly newspapers from Cedar Hill and Duncanville in Dallas and Ellis Counties. The newspapers include local, state, and national news as well as advertisements.
Videos and photos that document people, programs, and events on the University of North Texas campus. Additional materials in tangible format are available for use in the UNT Special Collections Reading Room.
The Central Texas Library System, Inc., is one of the ten original library systems serving public libraries in Texas from 1972 to 2012. It is still in operation as a non-profit, serving 192 libraries across the state.
A state historical marker designates the Rusk newspaper as the state's oldest, continuously published weekly. Its rich roots planted in 1850, when Texas was a young state. Funded by a Tocker Foundation grant.
City, business, legal, and phone directories from the 19th and 20th centuries. Each directory has an index and ads from local businesses and includes names, addresses, and phone numbers for residents and businesses.
Archival collections reflect experiences of women, professional men, military men, Texas cattlemen, businessmen, farmers, and government officials. Funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
This seminal work of visual storytelling represents the extensive Clark family archives from the golden age of American photography. Their work has featured in Life Magazine, National Geographic, Look and Newsweek.
Claude and Armstrong County history features on these issues from the turn of the 20th century to 1965. Funding for "The Oldest and Best Read County Seat Weekly in the Panhandle" provided by the Tocker Foundation.
This collection contains personal and professional materials related to Henry R. Clay, Jr., documenting his time in the military as a pilot during WWI while receiving his training in England and during his deployment in France.
Published in the rural town of Clifton in Bosque County, the Record depicts the influence of the Scandinavian and German immigrants that settled the area. A Tocker Foundation grant provided funding for digitization.
Daniel Baker College began as a small Presbyterian school in 1889 in Brownwood. Issues of the paper provide a wealth of information on campus life and the values at the small college in the 20th century.
Digitized via a Rescuing Texas History grant, these issues depict The Colony's history. The municipality began in 1969 with planned development of a new city modeled after Dallas and consisted primarily of single family homes.
The Comanche Area Newspapers represent a collection of newspaper titles from Comanche County, Texas. The bulk of this collection comes from The Comanche Chief, which is owned and operated by the Wilkerson family and is now in its third generation of newspaper publishing.
Howard and Clara Caver started The Bulletin in 1967 as a service to the community of black churches in Abilene. It reported on church and community events, civil rights, political races, education, and the job market.
The Congressional Record is the official record of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress beginning with the Forty-Third Congress in 1873, published daily when Congress is in session. The Congressional Record is more comprehensive than its predecessors, the Annals of Congress, Register of Debates, and Congressional Globe.
The Conroe Courier was a weekly newspaper "Published in the interest of Conroe and Montgomery County". The paper was founded by 1896 by H. P. Jones and featured local, state, and national news as well as advertising.
The first weekly newspaper began publication on January 7, 1909, and covered local, national, and world news. This collection consists of newspaper issues held on microfilm and digitized via a Tocker Foundation grant.
A quarterly report addressing economic conditions across the United States, Texas, and Erath County. This data is compiled from statistics and information from government agencies and includes summaries and commentary.
Newspapers serving Cuero and DeWitt County. Famed for turkey ranching, this is known as the "Turkey Capital of the World," reinforced by the Cuero High School mascot, the Gobbler. Funded by the Tocker Foundation.
Founded in 1870, Delta County is in northeastern Texas. As of the 2010 census, its population was 5,231. Delta County is formed by two forks of the Sulphur River on its northern and southern boundaries, which meet at its easternmost point to create the Greek letter-delta shape.