Collections - D
First published in 1879, the newspaper was distributed in Brownsville daily save for Sundays. Editor W.P. Guirey was fluent in Spanish and therefore specialized in reporting on Matamoros residents and topics, along with nearby border town news. Funded by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission through the TexTreasures Early Texas Newspapers program.Added: October 2011.
The Daily Courier Light began publication in Corsicana, Texas, in 1880. The newspaper covered the dynamic history of Corsicana, and digital access to these issues was generously supported by Texas State Library and Archives Commission under a TexTreasures grant.Added: August 2012.
Illustrating late-19th-century Fort Worth, The Daily Democrat bemoaned "Hell's Half-Acre," and documented Fort Worth's gradual rise in status from cowtown to crossroads to booming financial city. Funded by a TexTreasures grant from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.Added: August 2012.
The Daily Herald began publication in 1892 in Brownsville, and served a vital role in the community by reporting on national, state, and local news, publishing obituaries, and creating a record of legal notices for the area. The paper is part of the "Chronicling America" project from the National Endowment for the Humanities.Added: December 2009.
The first issue of The Amarillo Daily Panhandle was published in 1906 by Peter E. Bosen. It ran every evening except Sunday. As the official newspaper of Amarillo and Potter County, it printed local political, school board, church, and social news in addition to state and national news. The Panhandle was unusual for the period because it lacked advertising on the front page.Added: May 2014.
Self-proclaimed as “the South’s Oldest and Largest Negro Newspaper,” The Dallas Express served as an advocate for blacks in Dallas and throughout the South for over 70 years. Digitization was funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the "Chronicling America" project.Added: November 2012.
This collection contains issues of the bulletin published by the Dallas/Fort Worth Section of the American Chemical Society. Included are The Activator (1944-1948) and the subsequent title, the Southwest Retort. The bulletins include division information, regional meetings, news about members, editorials, and other items of interest to members.Added: July 2012.
The Dallas Daily Herald and the Dallas Weekly Herald originated from the Dallas Herald, the town's first local newspaper. Founded in 1849, the Herald circulated as a weekly until 1873. Funding was provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities as part of the "Chronicling America" project.Added: April 2013.
This annual publication contains genealogical information about families in Dallas, Texas and the surrounding area, including family histories, lists of records (births, deaths, registration, etc.), correspondence, and and other documentation from the mid-1990s through 2010.Added: September 2011.
Dallas Museum of Art Exhibition Records Collection contains published catalogs for exhibitions held by the museum between 1903 and 1983. This project is made possible by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.Added: February 2012.
The collection contains photographs of historic parks, facilities, and activities from the early 1900s to 1970s. The department maintains over 21,000 park acres and historical parks and provides for the management, supervision, coordination, and implementation of an array of leisure service opportunities as one of the largest municipal park systems in the United States.Added: February 2012.
Dallas Police Department case files, photographs, newspaper clippings, letters, and other documents from the 1920s to the 1950s, including the activities of the infamous Clyde Barrow Gang.Added: May 2014.
The Dallas Voice was the first newspaper to serve the LGBT community of Dallas, Texas. The paper has provided thoroughly reported news, insightful commentary, and critique of television, theater, and film for over 30 years. Digitization was funded by a TexTreasures grant.Added: August 2012.
Photographic materials of the Dallas Water Utilities Records, 1882-1990. Founded in 1881, the Dallas Water Utilities is a non-profit water and wastewater service for the City of Dallas, Texas.Added: May 2012.
The Trail was the yearbook for Daniel Baker College from the early 1910s to the 1950s. The yearbooks feature school songs, yells, student writings and artwork, and photos of faculty, students, student groups, and athletic events. Some early photographs of Brownwood buildings and homes are also notable.Added: May 2009.
Named for journalist and activist Dennis Vercher, this collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, financial documentation, press releases, and other materials related to LGBT activism, HIV/AIDS, and anti-discrimiation legislation.Added: April 2016.
These materials document the Chamber’s activities from 1938-1998 with an emphasis on an advertising campaign developed in 1967 to attract new businesses to the city. Included is the 1967 film, Dynamic Denton, which features various locations in the city of Denton and comments from North Texas State University Alumni.Added: October 2016.
Documenting the history of Denton County and its county seat from 1892-1911, the Denton County Newspaper Collection offers a detailed view into the growth and expansion of the county as an agricultural and educational hub.Added: October 2014.
The Denton Independent School District provides historical documents, pamphlets, programs, yearbooks and other pertinent documents chronicling the history of the school district.Added: January 2013.
The Dublin Progress, a weekly newspaper for Dublin in southwestern Erath County, was established the same year the town was incorporated by James S. Daley in 1889. In 1916 it was consolidated with the Dublin Telephone to become The Dublin Progress and Telephone. Daley continued as the editor and publisher after the papers were merged.Added: November 2014.
Started as a short column in the Breckenridge Weekly Democrat around 1930, The Dynamo soon offered a full page edition within the Weekly Democrat. The Breckenridge junior and senior high school journalism students published the paper, covering PTA news, club news, listing the honor roll, reporting on sports events, and more.Added: September 2010.