Collections - E
The Early Texas Newspaper Collection is a collaboration between UNT and UT's Dolph Briscoe Center for American History. The project provides access to 12,280 pages of Texas newspaper pages that date as early at 1829, including the Telegraph & Texas Register.Added: September 2009.
East Texas Genealogical Society presents past issues of its quarterly publication East Texas Family Records that includes cemetery, bible, confederate, church, family, and military records for the east Texas counties of Anderson, Gregg, Henderson, Panola, Rusk, and Smith.Added: March 2011.
The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History presents The Eastern Texian, a weekly newspaper published by George W. King between 1857 and 1859 from San Augustine, Texas. The newspaper includes local, state, and national news along with advertising.Added: May 2014.
Including the Herald, the Cisco Round-up, the Carbon News, and the Cisco Apert, this collection of newspapers from Eastland County Texas from the late 19th and early 20th Century features news and information for the residents of Cisco and Carbon, Texas.Added: November 2014.
Drawing from the collections of the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Research Center, the selected items provide a snapshot of the first half century of formal education in the Texas Panhandle. Photographs of educators, students, school buildings and activities show the growth of educational endeavors from one-room schools to colleges. Also included are documents and printed items that represent important milestones in area education and provide details of the classroom, athletic and social activities associated with schools from around the region.Added: May 2014.
This is an archival collection regarding Dr. Edwin D. Moten (1875-1955), an African American physician who resided in Denton, Texas from 1907-1919. The collection contains family photographs along with personal and business correspondence from Dr. Moten.Added: September 2009.
El Democrata Fronterizo (the Democratic Border) is a daily newspaper published by Justo Cardenas in Laredo, Webb County, Texas between 1896 and 1920. The newspaper features news from Mexico, local, state, and national news, as well as advertising.Added: May 2014.
Barron F. Deal and James P. Baker established the Herald Publishing Company in 1881 and published the first issue of the El Paso Herald in April of that year. The paper circulated in El Paso and surrounding communities, including Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. The Herald actively reported on civic progress and international affairs. As the Scripps Howard News attested in January 1951, "In the early 1900s the Herald stood for 'Republicanism, radicalism, and reformation.'" With the Herald representing the Republicans and the rival El Paso Times editorializing for the nascent Democratic Party, the two papers served as rallying points for the community. The paper ran through 1997, after merging with the El Paso Evening PostAdded: September 2010.
The El Paso Morning Times collection chronicles the history of late 19th- and early 20th-century El Paso. First published in 1881 as the El Paso Times, this title internationally details in both Spanish- and English-language editions the progress of the Mexican Revolution.Added: January 2012.
The Institute of Texan Cultures presents El Regidor, a weekly newspaper and one of the few Spanish language newspapers published in San Antonio during the late nineteenth century. The paper was published by Pablo Cruz beginning in 1888. El Regidor featured local, national, and international news and advertising, and also advanced and defended the interests of the barrio community.Added: November 2011.