Since 1924, these papers served the Lavaca County seat and South Texas. Printed in both English and Czech, they show the area's deep connections to Czech immigration. Funding provided by a Rescuing Texas History grant.
From 1939 to 1968, editor Othello Ontje Miller and his wife Elna published this paper. They were the sole owners of the newspaper; he was the publisher and editor and she was in charge of the reporting and advertising.
Henderson County was established in 1846 with its county seat in Athens. Its first courthouse was built in 1850. This collection houses historic legal documents and court cases from the 1850s to the early 1900s.
First published by Frank Vanderburgh in 1901 in "The Beef Capital of the World", this paper has documented Hereford's prosperity from its 1898 founding and railroad and cattle booms to a healthy, ethanol-based economy.
Correspondences and personal items of John J. Herrera, a notable lawyer and civil rights advocate for Mexican Americans. Known for his role in desegregating schools, he fought the exclusion of Spanish-speaking citizens on juries.
This book provides researchers with an objective, historical reference to the layout of the city of the Abilene. Its bulk was assembled in 1927 by O. K. Hobbs and J. P. McKean, and was revised by Hobbs in May 1930.
Photos from the Cutting Horse Photography Collection, the Don Shugart Photography Collection, and the Ray and Joyce Bankston Dalco Photography Collection, depicting horses, their riders, and competitions.
Officially formed in 1886, the Daily Post established itself as the premier paper in Houston and one of the leading daily publications in Texas. Digitization funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
These issues of the significant Houston title succeeded the The Houston Daily Post. This collection adds new issues, after 1903, to the Houston Daily Post run in the Texas Digital Newspaper Program, and continues to 1923.