Collections - K
This collection includes papers of Kirvin Kade Legett and his eldest son, Kade Bryan Legett. Legett came to Taylor County for the first time in 1879. He helped found Simmons College, now Hardin-Simmons University, serving on the Board of Trustees for a number of years. His son farmed, raised cattle, and speculated in land, later speculating in oil and natural gas.Added: October 2016.
Kerens, located in eastern Navarro County, was named for Judge R. C. Kerens of St. Louis and founded in 1881 when the St. Louis Southwestern Railway of Texas built through the county. The Kerens Tribune is a weekly newspaper that began publishing in 1892 and continues to serve the community today.Added: July 2014.
KXAS was the first television station in Texas and the Southwest when it signed on as WBAP-TV on September 27, 1948. It is an NBC-owned station in Fort Worth which serves the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. This collection contains photographs, video, and scripts from news stories produced by the station during its early years.Added: July 2014.