Platted in 1909, the city of Odem lies at the juncture of two railroad lines that were laid in 1907 by the St. Louis, Brownsville, and Mexico Railway. Edroy, Texas, began as a townsite and a store on the crossroads of the railroad. The Times has served these two communities since 1948.
The school newspaper of Abilene Christian College was first published in August 1912 as a monthly newsletter. It has been continually published since then, with nearly all the material produced by students.
The Osterhout family papers consist of an extensive collection of official documents, postcards, and letters. John Patterson Osterhout published The Bellville Countryman and was influential in the area.
Repository of oral histories, written narratives, and photos of Chinese adoptees and their families collected by Jena Heath, Associate Professor of Journalism and Digital Media at St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.