Collections - R

Filter Collections (R)

The list of collections below will update as you type.

25 Collections

Collections Matching

Ralph and Dossie Rogers Historic Image Collection

The Ralph and Dossie Rogers Historic Image Collection consists of 19th and 20th century images from the Cross Timbers area of Central Texas, including but not limited to Erath, Hamilton, Hood, Somervell, Palo Pinto, Comanche, and Eastland Counties.

Added: December 2014.

Range Rider

Hardin-Simmons University Library features its alumni newsletter the Range Rider, dating 1947-2007, that includes information regarding events at the school and news about university students, staff, and alumni.

Added: March 2011.

Rare Book and Texana Collections

The Rare Books and Texana Collections at the University of North Texas Libraries contribute many important materials to the Portal. In this extensive online collection of books and maps you can find a 1633 map, America Noviter Delineata; H. K. Yoakum's History of Texas: from its First Settlement in 1685 to its Annexation in 1846, Vols. 1 & 2; and Exploration of the Red River of Louisiana, in the year 1852 by Randolph B. Marcy.

Added: May 2009.

The Ray and Joyce Bankston Dalco Photography Collection

This collection contains photo documentation for show horses, quarter horses and cutting horses. Starting from the 1960s and moving up through 2004, Ray Bankston and his company, Dalco, shot the images in this collection.

Added: May 2014.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark Files

The Texas Historical Commission contributes a selection of its Recorded Texas Historic Landmark application files that document historically significant buildings from five heritage regions in the state.

Added: December 2013.

Red River County Review

The Red River County Review was published very briefly, during the 1920s, to represent this northeastern Texan county. A bi-weekly newspaper, the Red River County Review showcases historic Clarksville, Texas.

Added: February 2013.

Refugio County Newspaper Collection

Situated on the coast of Texas and on the north bank of the Mission River, Refugio, Texas, has been home to multiple newspaper titles since 1895. The Dennis M. O'Connor Public Library has made a selection of these newspapers available on The Portal to Texas History.

Added: April 2015.

The Representative

Published in Galveston from 1871 to 1872 by Richard Nelson, the Representative was the first newspaper in Texas to be published by an African American proprietor and editor.

Added: February 2012.

Republic of Texas Session Laws

The Republic of Texas Session Laws includes the text of acts and resolutions passed by the government of the Republic of Texas to become law. This collection also includes Translation: Laws, Orders and Contracts, on Colonization, From January 1821, up to 1829; In Virtue of Which, Col. Stephen F. Austin Introduced and Settled Foreign Emigrants in Texas.

Added: September 2009.

Rescuing Texas History, 2006

Rescuing Texas History through the Digitization of At-risk Photographs and Maps, 2006, presents local history materials from eleven partners: the Clay County Historical Society, Genevieve Miller Public Library, the Palestine Public Library, the Laredo Public Library, the Archives of the Big Bend at Sul Ross State University, the Moore Memorial Public Library, UT Pan-American, the Clark Hotel Museum, the Austin Public Library, and Concordia University at Austin. Funding is provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

Added: May 2009.

Rescuing Texas History, 2007

Rescuing Texas History 2007, presents materials from fifteen partners: Anderson County Historical Commission; Austin History Center, Austin Public Library; Bosque County Historical Commission; Childress County Heritage Museum; Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History; Dallas Heritage Village; First Christian Church, Port Arthur; Heritage House Museum, Orange; Historic Rose Marine Theater; Kemah Historical Society; Museum of the American Railroad; Palestine Public Library; Sanger Public Library; Sulphur Springs Public Library; and Val Verde Historical Commission.

Added: October 2009.

Rescuing Texas History, 2009

Rescuing Texas History 2009, presents local history materials from sixteen partners: Arlington Public Library & Fielder House, Austin History Center, Bee County Historical Commission, Dallas Municipal Archives, El Paso Public Library, French Legation Museum, Matthews Land & Cattle Company, LBJ Museum of San Marcos, Northeast Lakeview College, Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, Library & Hall of Fame, Port Arthur Public Library, River Valley Pioneer Museum, Stephen F. Austin Association, University of Texas at San Antonio, and University of Houston-Victoria Library. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

Added: December 2009.

Rescuing Texas History, 2010

Rescuing Texas History 2010, presents local history materials from twelve partners: Bell/Whittington Public Library, Cedar Hill Museum of History, Cleveland Historic Society, Cooke County Library, Dallas Firefighters Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, Fort Worth Jewish Archives, Friench Simpson Memorial Library, Harris County Archives, Longview Public Library, McAllen Memorial Public Library, Mesquite Public Library, Midwestern State University, Richardson Public Library, St. Philips College, Texas Woman's University, and the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.

Added: September 2010.

Rescuing Texas History, 2011

Rescuing Texas History, 2011 features collections from 13 partners: Carollton Public Library, Cleveland Historic Society, Collingsworth County Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Mike Cochran Collection, Sam Rayburn House Museum, St. David's Episcopal Church, National Museum of the Pacific War, Talkington/Clement Family Archives, Sam Rayburn House Museum, Travis County District Clerk's Office, Witte Museum, and Wolf Creek Heritage Museum.

Added: December 2011.

Rescuing Texas History, 2013

Rescuing Texas History, 2013 features collections from 25 partners: the Private Collection of T. B. Willis, the Dallas Municipal Archives , the Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, the Fire Museum of Texas, The University of Texas at Dallas, Marfa Public Library, Texas Southern University, Concordia University Texas, Western Texas College Library, Carrollton Public Library, Palo Pinto County Historical Association, the Bryan Wildenthal Memorial Library (Archives of the Big Bend), the Private Collection of Jim McDermott, Mesquite Public Library, Sam Rayburn House Museum, The Williamson Museum, Lubbock High School, Private Collection of Mary Newton Maxwell, McAllen Public Library, the Mineral Wells Heritage Association, the Johnson County Genealogical Society, the Jacksonville Public Library, the Tarrant County Archives, and the Private Collection of Matta Family.

Added: March 2014.

Rescuing Texas History, 2014

Rescuing Texas History, 2014 feature collections from over 19 partners including the Private Collection of T. B. Willis, the Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the Fire Museum of Texas, Friench Simpson Memorial Library, Erath County Genealogical Society, the University of Texas at Dallas, the University of Texas Health Science Center Libraries. the Private Collection of Mary Newton Maxwell, the Moody Medical Library, UT, Sam Rayburn House Museum, the Museum of South Texas History, the Private Collection of the Holbrook Family, Post Public Library, the Czech Ex-Students Association of Texas, the Private Collection of Rev. Andrew Stafford, the Private Collection of Thadious Polasek, the Schulenburg Historical Museum, and Stonewall County Library.

Added: November 2014.

Rescuing Texas History, 2015

Rescuing Texas History, 2015 feature collections from over 40 partners including the Private Collection of T. B. Willis, the Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the Fire Museum of Texas, Ft. Worth Aviation, Museum, Cleng Peerson Research Library a the Bosque Museum, Kerry County Historical Commission, Dr. Pound Historical Farmstead, Travis County Historical Commission, Eanes History Center, the University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas Genealogical Society, Frisco Public Library, Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History, the Botanical Research Institute of Texas library, The George Everill Pierce Family, Texas Military Forces Museum, the Edison Museum, Brown County Museum of History, The Private Collection of Margay Welch, Woman's Wednesday Club of Ft. Worth, Alvin Museum Society, Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau, Walker County Genealogical Society, Hispanic Heritage Center of Texas, McCulloch County Historical Commission, Galveston Historical Foundation, Dallas Municipal Archives, Dallas Firefighters Museum, Old Town Keller Foundation, Boyce Ditto Public Library, Haslet Public Library, Lena Armstrong Public Library, the Moody Medical Library, Sam Rayburn House Museum, Pioneer City County Museum, Murphy Historical Society INC., Archives of the Big Bend, and the First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Galveston.

Added: November 2015.

The Rice Thresher

The Rice Thresher, the official student newspaper at Rice University since 1916, is published each Friday during the school year, by the students of Rice University.

Added: May 2012.

Rio Grande Herald

Available through the support of Rescuing Texas History in partnership with the Rio Grande City Public Library, the Rio Grande Herald collection documents nearly forty years of Rio Grande City’s heritage.

Added: December 2011.

Robert Joy Collection

Robert Joy, considered Houston's premiere portraitist, painted more than 350 portraits over a career that spanned more than forty years. Lawyers, politicians, and the socially elite of Houston were among those who sat for Joy. Photos in the collection, assembled over the course of his work, include those of Lillie Abercrombie, Robert E. Blaffer, Sarah Campbell Blaffer, Alfred C. Glassell Jr., William Clayton, Libbie Rice Farish, William Stamps Farish, Lamar Fleming, and Lyndon B. Johnson.

Added: May 2009.

Rockdale Reporter Collection

Founded in 1873, the community of Rockdale in Milam County developed with the advent of the International-Great Northern Railroad through the area. The Rockdale Reporter Collection documents Milam County history from 1899 up to the middle of the twentieth-century.

Added: February 2016.

Roman Bronze Works Archive

The Amon Carter Museum of American Art presents foundry records from the Roman Bronze Works, the foundry of choice for artists working in the United States and Canada during the first half of the twentieth century.

Added: March 2015.

Ruth Scantlin Roach Salmon (1896-1986) Collection

Ruth Salmon, world champion rodeo performer, had a 24-year career that began in 1914 and ended in 1938, when she retired from the rodeo and started a ranching business in Nocona, Texas, with her husband, Fred Salmon. She is an inductee in the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and traveled the world with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show and The 101 Real Wild West Show.

Added: May 2009.

St. Mary's Rattler

The student newspaper at St. Mary's University is The Rattler. St. Mary’s University is a Catholic and Marianist liberal arts institution founded in 1852 in San Antonio, Texas, making it the oldest Catholic university in Texas and the American Southwest, and The Rattler is the St. Mary’s University bimonthly, student-run newspaper.

Added: May 2016.

The Ernst Wilhelm Raba Photograph Collection

The Raba Collection consists of 246 rare photographs made or reproduced by Ernst Raba, an early San Antonio photographer and artist. The San Antonio Express-News purchased the collection of glass plate negatives from the photographer’s family in the 1950s, created film negatives and prints, and donated the entire collection to the Conservation Society in 1980. The collection includes paintings and photographs that predate Raba’s arrival in 1891, as well as his own work. The bulk of the collection documents San Antonio’s changing appearance from c. 1853 to c. 1939, with the majority of photos taken between the 1860’s and 1900’s.

Added: October 2014.