Established in 1888, the Waco Evening News routinely touted Democratic platforms and published lists of every party member running for office. The paper changed names in 1889 when it became The Waco Daily News.
Official records of the Union and Confederate Armies containing four series of volumes covering military operations in the field, prisoners of war, and materials from Union and Confederate authorities.
Photos various people, groups, and activities since the late 1860s. Includes images from the personal collection of Jim Wright, who attended the college and later became mayor, congressman, and Speaker of the House.
This colorful panorama covers Mineral Wells' founding and its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town to the present. Photos are from local historian and photographer A.F. Weaver, local families and research sources.
These issues depict content from the Weekly Herald from Weatherford in Parker County. The weekly paper began publishing in 1900, providing the residents of Parker County with news and advertising for over two decades.
Founded in 1909, this newspaper has served the thriving farming and railroad community of West, a town that still holds to the Czech heritage of the original settlers in the area. Digitization funded by a Tocker Foundation grant.
The Western Texan is the student newspaper of Western Texas College in Snyder. The bi-weekly paper is published by the Journalism Department and features student and campus news and information as well as advertising.
The materials in this collection, which include photographs, letters, books, and more, reflect the history of Fort Worth. This project was funded by the Amon Carter Foundation and the Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.
Methodist Episcopal Church Bishop Isaac Wiley founded one of the oldest historically black colleges west of the Mississippi River in 1873. These photos and information depict the college, students, professors, and organizations.
A number of newspapers have served Willacy County since its founding in the early part of the 20th-century. The Raymondville Chronicle dates back to 1924 and was first known as the Willacy County Chronicle. Willacy County News, first headquartered in Lyford and then later Raymondville, was founded in 1920. In 1964, the Raymondville Chronicle purchased the Willacy County News and combined the two papers into the Raymondville Chronicle and Willacy County News (Raymondville Chronicle/News).
Four generations of photographers, all named Byrd Williams, documented more than 100 years of North Texas history. These materials, selected from a larger collection of family items. are available in UNT Libraries' Special Collections.
Materials depicting the activities and career of Congressman Charles "Charlie" Wilson (District 2, 1972 to 1996), from meetings with East Texas constituents to visits to the Middle East and photos with Presidents Reagan, Clinton, George W. Bush and other dignitaries.
Short biographies and oral histories of female journalists in the DFW area. Students in the UNT Mayborn School of Journalism conducted the interviews and wrote summary articles as part of a research class.
Materials focusing on the WWI era from 1914 to 1918. In addition to materials that were actually created during the time period, the collection may include modern studies and commemorative works about the era.
These materials focus on WWII and the immediate postwar period of the late 1940s. In addition to materials created during the time period, materials may include modern studies and commemorative works about the era.