Description: Drawing of the interior of the First National Bank in Palestine. This bank opened for business in 1887, at the corner of Spring and John streets. The original building interior is shown here as it appeared in 1893, about twenty years before it was extensively renovated and modernized. First National Bank served Palestine from this building for over three-quarters of a century, until the bank moved to more spacious quarters occupying the city's central plaza in 1965. The men in the picture from left to right are: Unidentified, Ed Caldwell, L. Gooch, W.P. McMeans, J.D. Grigsby, D. Colley, George Wright, and Ed Steadman.
Date: c. 1893
Item Type: Photograph