Anderson County Historical Commission - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

[Sesquicentennial Marker Dedecation for Rev. Daniel Parker]

Description: Photo of a Citizen of the Republic of Texas Marker dedication for Rev. Daniel Parker, which was held during the Texas Sesquicentennial at the Pilgrim Cemetery, Elkhart, Texas. He was a Pioneer Baptist Minister who was born in Virginia on 6 April 1781 and died December 3, 1844. His wife was Patsy Dixon Parker, who was born January 17, 1784 and died December 1, 1846. On November 3, 1985, the Fort Houston Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas held this dedication of the DRT medallion that was added to the marker, which signifies that he was a Citizen of the Republic of Texas. The ladies who are standing around the monument are, from left to right: Cindy Selden Herrington, Bonnie Woolverton, Lynda Sansom, Gwen Routh and Odessa Woodard Crowson. Both Mrs. Herrington and Mrs. Crowson are descendants of Rev. Parker. The Daughters of the Republic of Texas medallion that had been affixed to the monument has since been stolen.
Date: November 3, 1985
Item Type: Photograph