Anderson County Historical Commission - 491 Matching Results

Search Results

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Description: Photograph of the south side and part of the front entrance of the First Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Reagan and Magnolia streets. The two-story church is made of brick with stone accents and has Gothic Revival-style architecture, including pointed, arched openings and corner towers.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the First Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Reagan and Magnolia streets. The two-story church is made of brick with stone accents and has Gothic Revival-style architecture, including pointed, arched openings and corner towers. Another brick building and decorative stone wall enclosing the church gardens are visible to the north of the building, on the left side of the image.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Detail view of the architecture just south of the entrance on the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of a man wearing a suit, speaking into a microphone on the steps of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. There are people seated on the steps and standing on the ground watching. Part of the building's Classical Revival-style architecture is visible in the upper part of the image.
Date: unknown
Location Info:

[Reagan School - 400 S. Michaux]

Description: Photograph of the south side of the Reagan School located at 400 S. Michaux in Palestine, Texas. The three-story brick building has Tudor Revival-style architectural features and served as a school for various grades between 1916 and 1976, later becoming a museum.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:

[The Old and the New Pilgrim Churches - Elkhart, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the original and newer Pilgrim Churches, located near Elkhart, Texas. There is a small, log building in the foreground and a larger, brick building with a series of windows in the background. Handwritten text on the back of the photo says "Replica of original Pilgrim Church and present bldg. now in use. Oliver McReynolds Photo."
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver

[The Old Pilgrim Church - Elkhart, Texas]

Description: Photograph of a replica of the original Pilgrim Church, built near the later brick church just outside of Elkhart, Texas. It is a one-story log building and the wooden front door is open. A Texas Historical Commission plaque is posted on a stone to the right of the building; the Pilgrim Cemetery is partially visible in the background.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:

[Unidentified People at a Tree Planting]

Description: Photograph of three unidentified people at a tree planting. One man is crouched on the left side of the image, next to the tree; a second man and a woman are standing together on the right and the man is holding a shovel. A stream and trees are visible in the background.
Date: 1970~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver

[Three Past Chair-Persons of the Anderson County Historical Commission]

Description: Frame containing three portraits, side-by-side, of past chairpersons of the Anderson County Historical Commission: (left to right) Bonner Frizzell, Oliver McReynolds, and Johnnie Bell McDonald Ballard. Frizzell is visible from the waist up, wearing a pinstripe suit, and is posing seated, reading an open book in his lap. McReynolds is visible from the chest up, wearing a dark suit and patterned tie. Ballard is visible from the shoulders up and is wearing a light-colored shirt with a darker jacket.
Date: unknown

[Hotel O'Neill - 313 Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of the front and one side of Hotel O'Neill, which was located at 313 Spring Street in Palestine, Texas. It is a four-story brick building with some architectural embellishments around the windows; it also has a roof over the front entrance with a "Hotel O'Neill" sign. Cars are parked on the street in front of the building. This building was razed in 1983.
Date: 1970~

[Texas Theater - 213 W. Crawford]

Description: Photograph of the front of the Texas Theater, part of the 200 Block of W. Crawford Street in Palestine, Texas. The building is made of brick and has masonry embellishments on the facade. There is a "Texas" sign on the front of the building and several signs are visible above the box office, one says "The Brasher Dubloon."
Date: 1950~
Location Info: