Arlington Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Arlington Constable A. B. Austin with moonshine still he "busted" in 1932]
- Photograph of Constable Albert Austin sitting on the back of a truck loaded with a moonshine still. He has a bottle of confiscated whiskey in each hand. Several men, young and old, are standing beside the truck, some facing the camera. The caption below the picture reads "Constable A.B. Austin and the still he "busted" in 1932 --Arlington." This picture was in the 1984 Arlington Police Commemorative Book.
- [Tarrant County Patrol Unit, 1931]
- Photograph of the Tarrant County Patrol of 1931 showing members Guy Cross (standing with motorcycle) and Dutch Coke (standing with motorcycle) both with the Arlington Police Department, G. (Geo) Hecker (standing beside car), B. (Burt) Stilwell (standing with motorcycle), and H. (Hubert) Cannon (standing with motorcycle). The word "APD" is in the caption is between Dutch Coke and G. Hecker.
- [Arlington Police Officer James Evans Johnson, portrait]
- Photograph of Officer James Evans Johnson dressed in a suit. Officer Johnson was killed in the line of duty by gunfire on November 23, 1930 while attempting to arrest a man for disturbing the peace.
- [Image of Arlington Police Officer James E. Johnson's cartridge holder, whistle, and pen]
- Photograph of the cartridge holder, whistle, and pen used by Officer James E. Johnson. Officer Johnson was killed by gunfire on November 23, 1930 while attempting to arrest a man for disturbing the peace. He was the first Arlington Police Officer to die in the line of duty. A brief description of the items is placed below them. (date in photograph is incorrect)
- [Image of the APD night watchman's clock]
- Photograph of the Night Watchman's clock used by Chief Cribbs for the Arlington Police Department in the mid 1930s. It contained a roll of paper that recorded the time and location of the watchman when he inserted a special key from the location he was checking. A special key was housed at each location. It continued in use until the early 1950s at which time officers were required to hand check and note the locked doors to businesses.