Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Advertising postal card for complete O. Henry collection
- Advertisement offering 274 O. Henry stories in one volume.
- O. Henry's cradle
- Back of postcard reads: "Cradle in which O. Henry was rocked."
- School attended by O. Henry
- Postcard with an illustration of a small, one-story building surrounded by a fence with a forest in the background; text beneath the image says, "Little School House Where O. Henry Went to School." Printed text on the back of the postcard reads: "This is the only school that O. Henry (Wm. Sydney Porter) ever attended. He was taught by his Aunt, Miss Lina Porter, and left this school when he was only fifteen."
- W. C. Porter Drug Store
- Back of postcard reads: "Greensboro, N. C. W. C. Porter Drug Store is partially reconstructed in the O. Henry section of Greesboro Historical Museum. Wm. Sidney Porter (better known as O. Henry) was born in Greensboro, and worked in the store as a boy. This is the largest collection of O. Henryana in America."