Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Andrew Jackson Sowell, Texas Ranger]
- Photograph of Andrew Jackson Sowell, a Texas Ranger, holding a rifle by the barrel in his right hand, and a knife in his left. Portrait was taken in a studio with a painted background depicting a landscape. Cabinet card format.
- [Train on Waller Creek Bridge]
- Photograph of the front view of a steam train paused on the Waller Creek bridge in Austin. Buildings can be seen on both the right and left hand side of the bridge. There are passengers visible on the platform to the left of the train. On the back of the photograph there is a note that reads "With a little steam left this forerunner of a soon-to-be speeding civilization has stopped on the little Waller Creek bridge in Austin to let the passengers from Houston and other points out a the Depot House, Christmas day, 1871." Also on the back there is a note that reads "504 E 5th(?) Houston & Texas Central."
- [View of Austin, 1871]
- Photograph of Austin in 1871.