Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Barton Creek Bridge
- Photograph of three women and a baby in front of the bridge.
- Grist Mill on Barton Springs
- Photograph of men on the banks of the springs. Horse-drawn carriage up on hill next to the mill.
- Pontoon bridge across the Colorado
- Men on horses crossing the Colorado River on a pontoon bridge.
- [Tightrope walker John Devier on Congress Avenue]
- Photograph of a crowd gathered to watch a tight rope walker. Caption reads, "Scene on Congress Avenue in 1867, showing exhibition by a tight-rope walker (Devier) across the Avenue from the historic old Avenue Hotel at Eighth and Congress, on East side. The carriage at the left, entering the Avenue, is that of Gov. E. M. Pease (Gov. from 1853-57 and 1867-69)."