Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion from the site of the old Capitol building looking at the West and north elevations of the Governor's Manstion, grounds, street, barn and picket fence. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1874 was Governor Richard Coke. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
The Hibernian Association made up of male musicians and a group of women in the same white dress parade up Congress Avenue towards the ice cream garden of Messrs. Rosenfield and Co. Other citizens watch from the sides while traffic of horses and buggies wait in the background.