Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - 235 Matching Results

Search Results

[6 Cards from "72 Pictured Party Stunts"]

Description: Six cards taken from a 1930s party game called "72 Pictured Party Stunts." Each card has an illustration and lists an action or activity that is stereotypical or attributed to a particular ethnic group. The backs of the cards are decorated with a geometric design in blue, with a portrait of a woman in the center.
Date: 1935
Creator: Whitman Publishing Company

Aerial view of Municipal Golf Course

Description: Photograph of An aerial view of Austin Municipal Golf Course, donated to the city in 1936 by the Austin Lion's Club. The club house is visible in the center of the image, with holes surrounding. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1936/unknown

Austin -- Aerial Views

Description: Aerial View. Facing toward South Austin. Congress on far right, East Avenue on far left and San Jancinto and Trinity Streets in the middle. 14th Street in foreground running left to right (note Waller Creek and single road bridge). To the top is 12th St. (note double road bridge); the neighborhood to the right including Neches and up to Trinity St and from 12th to 14th will become Waterloo Park. The Austin Longitude Station is to the left of the Capitol (note double stacks). The first Austin High School campus is located between Neches and Trinity in the far center of the photograph.
Date: January 1, 1937
Creator: Douglass, Neal

Austin -- Aerial Views

Description: Aerial view of the state capitol and surrounding neighborhoods. The view is looking south past the main fountain, South Mall and down University Avenue toward the capitol from the University of Texas Tower.
Date: January 1, 1937
Creator: Douglass, Neal

Austin -- Aerial Views

Description: Aerial view. The large building in the center of the photograph is The Scottish Rite Dormitory at 201 W. 27th Street and to the top is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Red River is the street running in the background from left to right. 32nd St intersects Red River on the upper right. Note the carline on Guadalupe and 27th St on bottom right. The neighborhood in the center left is Grooms Addition.
Date: January 1, 1937
Creator: Douglass, Neal