Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

July 4th parade

Description: The Hibernian Association made up of male musicians and a group of women in the same white dress parade up Congress Avenue towards the ice cream garden of Messrs. Rosenfield and Co. Other citizens watch from the sides while traffic of horses and buggies wait in the background.
Date: July 4, 1874
Item Type: Photograph

Congress Avenue Bridge

Description: Congress Avenue bridge looking northwest towards downtown from the southeast corner. Skeleton of the Scarbrough Building under construction is in view.
Date: 1910
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph

Texas School for the Deaf drawing

Description: Drawing of the Texas School for the Deaf, referred to in the drawing as the "Deaf and Dumb Institution." It was established as the "Texas Deaf and Dumb Asylum" in 1856 and renamed the "Texas School for the Deaf" in 1949.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph

Congress Avenue with street rail

Description: Looking north towards Capitol at about the 500 block of Congress Avenue. A family in the foreground is either getting off or getting on a street rail car.
Date: 1913
Item Type: Photograph

Congress Avenue with street rail

Description: Looking north towards Capitol at about the 500 block of Congress Avenue. A family in the foreground is either getting off or getting on a street rail car.
Date: 1913
Item Type: Photograph