Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse
Showing: 11 - 34 of 239 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Photograph of a man wearing a suit and bowler hat standing in a cotton field. The cotton extends all the way to the flat horizon.
Date: January 15, 1906
Description: Photograph of three men, Bob Rutledge, Phil Hanlon, and [unidentified] Hanlon, standing in front of many stacked bags of compressed cotton. They're holding and observing some of the cotton. They all wear suits and hats.
Creator: Caldwell, Frank, 1883-1962
Description: Photograph of two men, Thompson and Thompson, sampling cotton at a cotton compress. Bales of cotton are stacked neatly in the background. The roof of a wooden structure is partially visible over the men.
Date: January 1906
Description: Photograph of two men in front of a large, two-story building with a clock tower (likely the Mitchell County Courthouse). A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads, "Jones & Ed Hanlon, Colorado City, Texas, 06."
Description: Photograph of several men, including a Mr. Thompson and a Mr. Rutledge, at a cotton compress. Bales of cotton are neatly laid out on the ground. A large wooden structure and a smokestack are visible in the background.
Date: January 16, 1906
Description: Photograph of a man at a mill named Bob in Abilene, Texas. The man is standing next to a large pile of cotton seed and a horse-drawn cart filled with seed. A cotton [seed oil?] mill is to his left, with large smokestacks protruding from the building.
Description: Photograph of several men, including a Mr. W.C. Moore, weighing bales of cotton with a large scale. The scale weighs the cotton by suspending it from a chain.
Date: January 10, 1906
Description: Photograph of two men on the front steps of a large brick building. A sign above the building's entrance says, "Post Office and Court House."
Date: December 29, 1905