Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - 1,017 Matching Results

Search Results

[Golfer teeing off at Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a man teeing off at the start of a drive on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. His golf bag lies on the ground behind him. Trees are visible in the background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on Municipal Golf Course green]

Description: Photograph of Four men at putting green on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. Their golf bags lie on the ground at the far edge of the green. Golfers are visible in the background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

Water hazard on the number 8 hole

Description: Photograph of the view facing the green behind a water hazard on the number eight hole at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. Golfers are visible on the green in the background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

Aerial view of Municipal Golf Course

Description: Photograph of An aerial view of Austin Municipal Golf Course, donated to the city in 1936 by the Austin Lion's Club. The club house is visible in the center of the image, with holes surrounding. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1936/unknown

View at Municipal Golf Course

Description: Photograph of two golfers teeing off at the start of a drive on the Austin Municipal Golf course. Concrete arrows point the direction of the green. A Lions Club lion statue is visible behind the golfers. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on green at Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a man in suit putting while another golfer looks on. Golfers stand and sit in the shade under trees in the background. The Austin Municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: February 1, 1940
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

Paulissen Bakery and Bybee's Drug

Description: Photograph of Paulissen Bakery & Bybee's Drug located in Austin at 15th & Lavaca streets. Seven delivery trucks are lined up on the curb in front of the warehouse. Truck drivers standing in front of passenger side doors are: (first from left) Felix Danz; (fifth from left) Joe Carriage.
Date: 1935
Creator: Boone Photo Company, Austin, Tex.

[Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association tournament at the Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of four golfers standing on the green at the Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association tournament at the Municipal Golf Course. The Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association (AWPLGA) was founded in 1940 by local female amateur golfers at the Municipal Golf Course in 1940. According to the 1950 AWPLGA constitution, the organization was formed to "promote the true spirit of golf and good fellowship among its members." Membership was open to all women golfers of Central Texas. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 1, 1966

[Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association golfer swinging at the Municipal Golf Course tournament]

Description: Photograph of a golfer swinging on a drive at the AWPLGA tournament at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association (AWPLGA) was founded in 1940 by local female amateur golfers at the Municipal Golf Course in 1940. According to the 1950 AWPLGA constitution, the organization was formed to "promote the true spirit of golf and good fellowship among its members." Membership was open to all women golfers of Central Texas. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 1966

[Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association golfer at the Municipal Golf Course tournament]

Description: Photograph of a woman golfer in view between tree branches at the AWPLGA tournament at Municipal Golf Course. The Austin Women's Public Links Golf Association (AWPLGA) was founded in 1940 by local female amateur golfers at the Municipal Golf Course in 1940. According to the 1950 AWPLGA constitution, the organization was formed to "promote the true spirit of golf and good fellowship among its members." Membership was open to all women golfers of Central Texas. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 1966

[Rear of hut at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of rear view of a small roofed structure with benches inside on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The hut is surrounded by trees and uneven land with a green behind it on the right. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Indentification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Parents and children visit turkeys at Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms]

Description: Photograph of a group of parents and small children visiting the turkey coop at Pioneer Farms. Two children and parent look into the turkey coop. A white turkey is walking toward the coop. Feed covers the ground. In 1852, Frederick and Harriet B. Jourdan settled on the site near Walnut Creek with their children. In 1956, grandchildren Laura and Eugene Giles, donated the core of their grandparents' property to the Heritage Society of Austin, in order to preserve the pioneer experience. The site and its museum operated under the auspices of the Austin Natural Science Association and later by the Parks and Recreation Department of the city of Austin until it was transferred back to the Heritage Society of Austin in 2003. Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms operates multiple sites today. Pioneer Farms is a member of the American Association of Museums, the Association of Living History Farms and Museums, the American Association for State and Local History, the Texas Association of Museums and the Austin Museum Partnership.Pioneer Farms is a registered Austin Historic Landmark and a designated Heritage Tourism Destination Site. Our Pioneer School is community-education partner with the Austin Community College.
Date: [1980..]
Creator: John Bone Photographic Services

[Golfers and caddy on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a putting green at Austin Municipal Golf Course with one man, two women and a boy. One of the women puts the ball while the man holds the flag and a golf bag with clubs. The boy holds another golf bag with clubs while the second woman leans on her putter. A man on tractor rides by them behind the green. Trees are in the distance. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

View [of club house] at Municipal Golf Course

Description: Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course and Club House and lawn. The grass is freshly mowed and the club house is partially obscured in the background by trees and shrubs. Club house entrance and right elevation are visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Golfers putting on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a family playing golf at the Austin Municipal Golf Course and a lawn maintenance worker keeping the grounds. One woman puts while a man holds the flag. A boy holds a second golf bag while a second woman looks on. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Hut at the Municipal] Golf Course

Description: Photograph of Small roofed structure with benches inside at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The hut is surrounded by trees and uneven land. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin

[Municipal Golf Course club house]

Description: Photograph of Municipal Gold Course club house in snow with lion statue representing the Lions Club, which built the clubhouse in 1928. The entrance opens to the right. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937

Club house at Municipal Golf Course [in snow]

Description: Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House entrance covered in snow. Wooden chairs and a bench sit on the concrete patio to the left of the double screen door entrance. Two large bushes flank the walkway. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: November 1, 1937