Description: Photograph of exterior front of Texas Governor's Mansion. The columns are dark, and the grounds are a bit unkempt and the windows shuttered. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1886 was Governor John Ireland. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Item Type: Photograph