Austin History Center, Austin Public Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 408 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Photograph of Mr. Taniguchi and Mr. Robinson in the Oriental garden in Zilker Park.
Date: July 27, 1969
Description: Photograph of a group of men, Aircrew Class 69-8B, in front of a plane. Those standing are, from left to right, Major Howard, Colonel Larkin, Captain Idone, Captain Boyce. The men kneeling are Major Jack Chervenak, Captain Moore, and Lieutenant Cox.
Description: Photograph of a group of men, Aircrew Class 70-5B in front of a plane. Those in the back row are, from left to right, Major Haas, Captain Harbaugh, Captain Sydow, Lieutenant Farley, and Captain Casey. Those in the front row are Major McSherry, Lieutenant Madole, Captain Ripley, Lieutenant Kermes, and Major Mather.
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion east elevation seen behind whitewashed brick and iron fence and gate naming the house as the "Governor's Mansion." Tree visible immediately behind the fence and the mansion is visible under a cloud-filled sky in the background. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1969 was Governor Preston Smith. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Description: Photograph of Visitors Lesly Cain (age 7) and Mrs. Don Johnson examine a bust is of Mrs. Elisabet Ney at the Elisabet Ney Museum. In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Creator: Hyatt, Darl
Description: Aerial view of Town Lake looking north. Congress bridge on far right, South First Bridge mid-center and railroad bridge far left. The Auditorium (later known as Palmer Event Center and now Long Center) in center foreground, Disch Field lower left with the Coliseum next to the field.
Date: November 1968
Creator: Douglass, Neal